Please look over our site

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Dale, GREAT site!..just very confusing, as others have mentioned.
Count me in as another OBS{94/97};)

What would be really sweet for us OBS guys would be to find a dealer that recognises us and would stock some aftermarket
parts {competetive pricing} so we could get bumpers/grill guards/ guage pods/ GP relays/ valve cover wiring harnesses{DELPHI}/dual idler tensioners/T-stats/ in addition to the oil and fuel filters/fuel treatments.

If you are a truck dealer, what about rear axle seals, main seals,boost tubes, water pumps,I/C hoses-constant torque clamps,DCA or ELC coolants.........................

I know, big list and dream onLOL

Fishawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by powerstrokeshop
Sorry I forgot about this....

Yes it will be Donaldson brand and I don't have them in yet(should by the end of the week) nor do I have the pricing here in front of me but I will reply here tomorrow when I get into the office.

Thanks for the reply, I wll give ring the end of the week...

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Rampy,

Youve got a NAPA in town dont you? The following part number quote is taken from a neat little page located HERE ;)

Hope this info helps, if you dont have a NAPA in Cheyenne you can use the Baldwin or Donaldson PN# at your local Big Truck shop (I know Chey has to have one of those being located on 25&80). Probably will run you between 25-30 dollars.

Mike

Duh, glanced at that thread but never saw the TYMAR info.

I'm a knucklehead :sorry: :sorry:

Oh and yes, we have a NAPA here in town:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Yes our catalog is cumbersome as **** to use right now but the 94-97 Racor Fuel filters are listed on the right of the main page.

Last one on the right of the page it wasn't there before but I shuffled some things around so it will show up.

Thanks!!!

What's this aftermarket filter you speak of with the lid made onto it????

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by geonc
Dale, GREAT site!..just very confusing, as others have mentioned.
Count me in as another OBS{94/97};)
We are working on our own catalogs we just had a setback because as we entered the custom info it was losing it and I got a little pissed and refused to enter anymore until the software provider was able to rectify it. They assure me it is fixed now and we are continuing forward so hopefully in the next few weeks we will have a more comprehensive setup that is more user freindly than the canned OEM catalog that is there now. BTW what does OBS stand for?

What would be really sweet for us OBS guys would be to find a dealer that recognises us and would stock some aftermarket
parts {competetive pricing} so we could get bumpers/grill guards/ guage pods/ GP relays/ valve cover wiring harnesses{DELPHI}/dual idler tensioners/T-stats/ in addition to the oil and fuel filters/fuel treatments.

Most are on the way and WILL be listed by the end of the month only most of the money saving items we offer are going to be OEM from Navistar :D As for the guages and bumpers and the like it may be a bit yet but we will be offering those VERY competitvly priced

If you are a truck dealer, what about rear axle seals, main seals,boost tubes, water pumps,I/C hoses-constant torque clamps,DCA or ELC coolants.
See above but some of these are a little ways down the road since we want to get the engine catalogs completed first

I know, big list and dream onLOL

Not at all just takes time to get it all put together. Have you looked at our generatioal catalogs? Click here that is how we intend to lay it all out once we can get it put together. Is that cumbersome to use? Any suggestions are appreciated and most often used in the layout we need to make this as user freindly as possible so people WANT to shop with us

Originally posted by Fishawk
Thanks for the reply, I wll give ring the end of the week...

Sounds good and since you brought it up and gave me the idea I will sell you the first one at cost;)

Originally posted by Ramprat
Thanks!!!

What's this aftermarket filter you speak of with the lid made onto it????

Some brands Baldwin and Purolator come to mind that the filter housing lid is made onto the filter. Personally I think stuffing a roll of paper towels in you filter bowl would serve you better than those brands but again that is a matter of personal preference...:D

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW what does OBS stand for?

Old Body Style (pre-99's), in other words. Fords good trucks:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes our catalog is cumbersome ............................

Yes I carry the TYMAR style air filters in Fleetguard AH1141 not sure on the $ as I am at home answering this but if you want to give me a call tomorrow I can get it for you. Unless you went to that "other sponsor" Napa and got them already:moon:

Sorry Dale, didnt mean to steer a customer away but as you stated above, the site is a bit cumbersome right now. Once you get the bugs worked out of it these questions will probably not be getting asked.;)

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Sorry Dale, didnt mean to steer a customer away but as you stated above, the site is a bit cumbersome right now. Once you get the bugs worked out of it these questions will probably not be getting asked.;)

No problemo just couldn't pass up a chance to use that smiley:moon:

LOL

Could someone look at the generational catalogs even though they still lack alot of info are they easy to use? www.powerstrokeshop.com
scroll down and you will see them right below the OEM catalog on the left. let me know what you think about the general layout please...:thanks:

Last edited:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score

Yes I carry the TYMAR style air filters in Fleetguard AH1141 not sure on the $ as I am at home answering this but if you want to give me a call tomorrow I can get it for you. Unless you went to that "other sponsor" Napa and got them already:moon:

Ahhhhh so, but you don't carry the TYMAR OEM (Donaldson) B085011 filters LOL LOL

& nope, don't plan on getting them at NAPA either;p

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problemo just couldn't pass up a chance to use that smiley:moon:

LOL

Could someone look at the generational catalogs even though they still lack alot of info are they easy to use? www.powerstrokeshop.com
scroll down and you will see them right below the OEM catalog on the left. let me know what you think about the general layout please...:thanks:

Yes, the generational catalogs are pretty srtaight forward Dale.

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
Ahhhhh so, but you don't carry the TYMAR OEM (Donaldson) B085011 filters LOL LOL

& nope, don't plan on getting them at NAPA either;p

I do carry some Donaldson and am sure I could get them reasonably, but Fleetgaurd is less expensive for me in most cases (6.0 airs and AIS elements are much cheaper in Donaldson though) and just as good a fliter as they make all of their filters to the OE specs unlike most other brands(Wix,Baldwin,Purolator etc) that don't. In other words whatever the particle rating or micron rating the OE for the filter in question specifys is the way that Fleetguard makes it. Other manufacturers simply make the filter the same size diamensions and in ALOT of cases completely ignore the particle or micron rating that the OE recommends for their use. What difference does this make? All manufacturers have specific ratings for a reason and have invested an enormous amout of time and money to determine the what is best for their product. I know you meant that as a joke and I typed a whole bunch for no benfit to you.;) I just wanted to take a chance to educate some that just because it fits doesn't mean your comparing apples to apples on filters priced cheaper than others unless you have checked particale or micron rating and know they meet OE suggested specs.

Ggg

Reaction score
The other day I ordered a CMP, Cup holder, and the two sound insulation panels for under the dash from Dale. I had a few questions on the cup holder. I left a message and it was returned in a timely manner. Dale and I talked a little and he seemed genuinely interested in getting my order correct the first time. It came when expected and nothing was broken. It was a pleasure doing business with him and I will recommend him to others I know. I belong to several other sites that Dale sponsors and know all about his growing pains as a business. I have seen him rectify these problems as soon as could have been expected or faster. The personal touch you give like answering all these questions is what sets you apart.
Good luck Dale

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Thanks for the business all. Well I made a few changes tonight and added a few links right on the main page if you get a chance anyone could you take a look and tell me if that helps and if maybe I should do more of that until we get the new catalog done. I have finally decided there wasn't any way the current software just could not do what I want it to do without manually typing a bunch of HTML so we will have a new catalog up and running ASAP but until then I have to try and band-aid this one together:sorry:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll go take a peek at it Dale, I ordred a set of Glow Plugs last night from you and I must say, finding them was not easy (even with the help you gave me).

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
I'll go take a peek at it Dale, I ordred a set of Glow Plugs last night from you and I must say, finding them was not easy (even with the help you gave me).

Thanks for the order!!

yes the current software has reached the capabilities and there is little I can do to make it more user friendly. I am going to be using a similar software and format as www.shopdiesel.com in the very near future. Is that an easier format or if not please give me some suggestions on what site formats you do like?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online