Please do not bid. Wheels

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
YEah, I thought of you when I saw those. The other place that I posted has another set of wheels/tires, also.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three reasons your safe from me bidding.

1. Not dually rims.

2. Probably wouldn't support the weight of the ambulance.

3. To much money for me to be spending.

So don't worry I wont be bidding. One thing though if the seller sees your message he might not be to happy because it could be holding back a sale.

Whenever I bid on something on Ebay I always use a bidding program called Auction Sentry. It automatically places my bid for me. I usually have it bid in the last few seconds of the auction ending. If I do not win I get the satisfaction that the winner was probably seeing that they were winning with there current bid and all of a sudden they have to put more money out of there pocket that they probably didnt want to.

If I do win, I get the satisfaction that the current winning bidder before the last few seconds was watching the screen, hitting refresh in their browser, seeing that they were winning, didn't think there was any possibility that they could lose and then all of a sudden they lost LOL and I won:thumbsup:

Doing it this way also helps me not to bid to early and having to rebid again just driving up the items price only to rebid again and be out bid again. I set a price I am willing to pay and if I get it great. If I do not no big deal, some other sucker now has to pay more :rotflmao

Reaction score
... I set a price I am willing to pay and if I get it great. If I do not no big deal, some other sucker now has to pay more :rotflmao

Odd, your statement describes exactly what happens if you place your bid at ANY time.

Granted I am a sniper from the olden days when everyone didn't know about it and there were a thousand different free sites to do it for you. Back in the day (LOL) it truly was a useful tool and would often save allot of $. Nowadays there are so many free snipers, that the bidding works just like it was originally intended, but all in the last 10 seconds.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't get flamed for this.... but I don't think it's fair to call shotgun on eBay bids! A lot of us on here are after the same neat upgrades, and frequently comb the eBay listings.

I'm watching an item ever so closely right now, but if someone else on the board were to bid, I feel it's fair game. If I knew someone on the board was outbidding me, that's when I'd enter into negotiations over who gets it this time.

That's why I'm not gonna say nothing about my current item :)

No, it's not these wheels :)

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Haha, yea true. Theres 2 different ways of looking at this situation, the way I do and the way you do.
My way trusts peoples honor and honesty, some people have it some dont.
Yours is may the best (or richest) man win.

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this.... but I don't think it's fair to call shotgun on eBay bids! A lot of us on here are after the same neat upgrades, and frequently comb the eBay listings.

I'm watching an item ever so closely right now, but if someone else on the board were to bid, I feel it's fair game. If I knew someone on the board was outbidding me, that's when I'd enter into negotiations over who gets it this time.

That's why I'm not gonna say nothing about my current item :)

No, it's not these wheels :)

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd, your statement describes exactly what happens if you place your bid at ANY time.

Thats somewhat true. If I placed my bid early then it gives time for others to out bid me. If I place it within the last few seconds then it does 2 things:

1. It does not give me a chance to bid again.

2. It doesn't give another person a chance to bid unless they have already placed there bid initially for more than I bid. Some people set there bids higher than they really want to pay just that they get the item. It's those bids that I don't win but still get the satisfaction that someone paid more than they wanted to or should have.

I have actually in the last few seconds had a bid placed higher than I was wanting to pay just to be able to get the item and have lost. I had also done the same on one recent item and actually won at 25% of the full amount I was willing to pay. I really like the ones that I win by 25 cents.

But the best thing I like about ebay is selling.

Joe Camel floor ashtray: Was brand new cost me nothing sold on Ebay for $125.00 2 guys were actually bidding against each other in the last 5 minutes of the auction ending it went from $50.00 to the final price of $125.00

Marine Radio: Cost me $7.00 at a yard sale. Sold on Ebay for $65.00

When I was living in CA I used to go to a few of the local Goodwill stores buy items that I knew I could make a profit on and re-sell on ebay starting the initial bid higher than what I paid for the item.

To keep this post on topic: I bought my glow plugs for a seller on Ebay for $5.00 each and yes they are Motorcraft. That's half of what I would have paid at Auto Zone.

If I were not wanting people to bid on items that I was looking at on Ebay I sure as heck wouldnt post the item here showing everyone. How many people don't get an idea to bid on something on Ebay until they have seen it posted and its something they want.

Aluminum wheels would really dress up the ambulance :thumbsup: but as stated earlier to much money for me to be paying.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I'm Saying No To Fleabay!

I know a lot of you guys get good deals but for those that support the 2nd Ammendment e-bay has shut down all gun parts, etc. Some of e-bay's money is also funding anti-gun candidates. I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread and this should really be discussed in the Lounge but I just wanted to throw this news out there. Nebraska, sorry, I wasn't trying to redirect your thread.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Not a problem Bundie (lol, I think thats who that is). I hear ya. I dont agree with it either.

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh what do you have for rims and what are looking for out of them. I was hoping to wait for winter but just blew one of the old tires today. Now I debating just putting new tires on the stock rims or buying used alums.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah, If I'm bidding on somethig, I don't post it here. There's to many people here that desire the same great deal I'm looking for. If I see something that I know someone here want's, and it gets close to the auction end, I'll post a heads up. ( by the way, How'd that instrument cluster deal turn out?)

Deaam good deal on a hydraboost unit. :thumbsup:

But does it beat the deal I got on my NIB Alcoa wheels/$300 ? :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.