Plannning for the future

6_Myles

I be architect'n
Reaction score
So, I'm knocking wood as I write this, but if and when my engine and tranny give up the ghost I'd like to have a plan of attack together, so that I'm not doing weeks of research, trying to find the right combination, when I could be rebuilding the truck. My ultimate goal is to be able to tow just about anything I want, within reason, and not have to worry about it and to have the truck run for another 13+ years; I don't want to ****** new Cummins or Powerstrokes, I just want the truck to do whatever I ask it. So with that in mind- my dream plan so far is all the typical stuff:
BTS Tranny rebuild w/ a Baumann (sp?) Controller/ Hypermax Pulse Turbo/ Sleeve all eight cylinders/ Ken's Injectors & pump/ Ken's stud kit & various other engine components/ Full gauge kit/ Remote filter on tranny and coolant/ 3" exhaust

Whether all this happens or not, we'll see - I'm trying to do all the little stuff I can upfront. But while I was dreaming I came across a question: If I get a set of lower compression pistons which allows me to run bigger boost, would this have any relationship to engine longevity? Does lower compression w/ bigger boost wearout an engine faster than high compression/low boost?
Thanks for the comments.

***Edit to my truck - If you are reading this...I'm sorry, please don't get mad and stop running. I love you the way that you are, but a man can dream can't he.