PIF (Paying It Forward.) 99+ superduty f250 f350 running boards

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These running boards fit a 99 and up, superduty f250 or f350.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yours free. Just come and pick them up.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No shipping.

Not even sure HOW I would ship something like this.

But at the least it would involve finding packaging, getting it all packaged up, then the long trip into town, to stick it in the mail. Even if it were picked up at my door, it would mean a trip to town to get the packaging. Just way too much trouble and expense.

Ergo, why I said "You come and pick it up." :)

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't find anyone else, you might try calling Justin @ R&D idi performance - He's in Maple Valley.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No shipping.

But at the least it would involve finding packaging, getting it all packaged up, then the long trip into town, to stick it in the mail. Even if it were picked up at my door, it would mean a trip to town to get the packaging. Just way too much trouble and expense.

you put it in a box, tape it up, put the label I would have sent you on it, and dropped it off with a UPS driver or at a UPS store. I know itsa large task. my bad for asking :smoke:

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am giving away a set of factory runningboards.

For free.

All I asked is that someone come and pick them up. It should be obvious I don't want to ship them.

And you want to make it about me being an ass, because I don't want to ship them to you?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For free.

All I asked is that someone come and pick them up. It should be obvious I don't want to ship them.

And you want to make it about me being an ass, because I don't want to ship them to you?

Hey now... Calm down.

He meant well, and if you think about it, I'm sure he'd be paying a pretty penny to actually get them.

If you don't want to ship, you don't have to... but when you ask "I don't even know *how* I would ship them", a response is reasonable.
A simple "no, sorry" is all you need to say.

Edit:
I'm not trying to be nasty or anything; just trying to calm things down. I apologize if this came out wrong; it's late and I'm not sure how it would come across.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For free.

all you had to say was no,
remember this is the internet, it goes all over the world.
I don't need to make anyone look like a fool, they do that for themselves.
next time try putting "will not ship"

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is surreal.

I offer something for free.

I am asked to ship it, after having already said, "come pick them up".

Instead of just a short snippy answer, (which I thought would be rude.), I decide to give a bit of an explanation.

I am made out to be an ass because I won't ship them.

I am accused of over reacting when all I have done is pointed out that I said come and pick them up, in the first place.

And now I am a fool.

Makes me wonder what I would be by now, if I had been trying to sell something, instead of trying to give something away for free!

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is surreal.

I offer something for free.

I am asked to ship it, after having already said, "come pick them up".

Instead of just a short snippy answer, (which I thought would be rude.), I decide to give a bit of an explanation.

I am made out to be an ass because I won't ship them.

I am accused of over reacting when all I have done is pointed out that I said come and pick them up, in the first place.

And now I am a fool.

Makes me wonder what I would be by now, if I had been trying to sell something, instead of trying to give something away for free!
Gotta agree man, that's ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
No shipping.

Actually, the line I put in bold makes the answer you gave more of a "snippy" answer than if you would have put this:

Sorry, but I just don't have the time to ship them right now.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on you guys.He's obviously posting this here where 99.99999999999999999% are way too far away to drive to his place and pick these up.Obviously he's only talking to 0.99999999999999999% of us who are within driving distance of him who have use for super duty running boards..........in the IDI truck section of the forum.
Now I'm not calling anyone a fool here either but it's certainly one very foolish thread.:D

Your hearts in the right place Selahdoor but your thread isn't.Post them up on your local CL.Someone nearby will come pick them up and take them off your hands for you I'm sure.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on you guys.He's obviously posting this here where 99.99999999999999999% are way too far away to drive to his place and pick these up.Obviously he's only talking to 0.99999999999999999% of us who are within driving distance of him who have use for super duty running boards..........in the IDI truck section of the forum.
Now I'm not calling anyone a fool here either but it's certainly one very foolish thread.:D

Your hearts in the right place Selahdoor but your thread isn't.Post them up on your local CL.Someone nearby will come pick them up and take them off your hands for you I'm sure.

LOL!

Man, you guys are harsh on a guy that just wanted to be nice to someone! o_O:D

Lookit, this is the part of the forum that I visit. This is the part of the forum that I benefit from. So, when I decided to give away the running boards as a way of being kind to a stranger, and kind of giving back to this part of the forum... I posted them in this part of the forum.

I don't 'visit' craigslist. I have never asked for and been given help about my truck on craigslist. If I put them on craigslist, they will have a price on them. I am not simply trying to get rid of something. I wanted to do something nice.

I wasn't thinking about how far the average person might live from me. I wasn't thinking about how many IDIs are, or are not also superduties. I wasn't thinking about whether there was a better section to the greater overall forums to post it in. I was only thinking I'd like to do something nice for the people in this part of the forum, that I usually visit.

I didn't know that it would be such a :fan:to do so.

If I am a fool and an ******* for doing so, so be it.

You all have my apologies. Please forget this thread ever happened.

-Down