Picture request-hood release cable routing

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could someone please post a pic of the hood release cable routing on a brick nose?

Thanks in advance.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just know the way I have it now doesn't look right. It's coming out of the core support at the fender and across the outside. The little routing do-dad's push into holes somewhere. I'd like to know about where and how it's routed from the firewall to the catch. I assume it's along the fender but a pic is worth a 1000 words as they say. I went through my pictures and can't find one that shows it. These are the problems of taking years to complete a build. It was probably one of the first things to come off.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
IIRC, the clips your talking about are only on the core support. They fit into 1/4" or so holes and the clips don't really seem to like being reused. I'll find out shortly for ya.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine look okay but we will see. If I need something else, I'm fairly resourceful.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Thumbnails...

I normally keep this routed on the outside of that hood buffer on the corner. But IIRC, it should route along the front of the core support, inside the buffer, along the fender and under the battery tray support bracket that bolts the the fender.
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see all the little round holes. The ones that look like they are countersunk a bit are the anchor points for the little clips. I have my cable over the support bracket here since I put it in last and didn't disconnect it from latch assembly. It works and hasn't bothered anything. Still a lot easier to release than Bruiser's hood.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if youre going to ask for a pic request...
please for the love of thor, post a pic of what you have! :D

I didn't like the stock routing, I ran mine "hidden"

ill take a pic of it later, its 4:20 am, and I havnt seen my truck for a week :(

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, just make sure you connect the cable to the hood release correctly.