Pics of truck as promised to Oldbull

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an update to the thread "Every Bird Finds a Worm". Bought this truck last weekend, may be one of the lowest mileage 2001 7.3 Pwrstrokes left in Texas (got all service records and documented the miles). Had to buy a 33' Fifth wheel with it to get it, but selling it won't be a problem around here (the wife is thinking of keeping the trailer and selling the one we already had). The elderly gentleman I bought it from got a little misty eyed, but was relieved to see the '85 in such good shape and knew his truck was going to a good home. My 17 year old son is loving the truck, and isn't liking the fact that dear old dad can pull rank on him and use the truck when I need it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Light was fading fast and the pics of the two trucks didn't turn out very well (made my '85 look like the bed is a different color than the door).

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice find sir! An older guy I know back in my hometown bought the exact same truck new...just different color. He had just over 20k on it when he decided to give it to his daughter about 4 years ago who was in need of a new ranch truck at the time. I told him that darn thing wasn't even broken in yet and he still chuckles about it. I sure do love those 7.3 powerstrokes.....yeah yeah and the idi's. Don't dare leave that part out :sly!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is a nice PSD, hard to believe it only has 36+K on it, but the odometer don't lie, I wanted to see the 5er also. No way would I let my 17 yr old Son drive that, that 85 is................, oh well Pops are always good Hearted. Seat belts always, or you get the 85 to drive.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is a really clean 01 PSD! And its got the odometer reading to prove that he just drove it to church on sundays!!! LOL Nice find.

Noticed in your sig you have a 69 Camaro. Tell us a little about it if you don't mind. I've got a 72 Nova with a 383 in it.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice truck! My dad would suggest that I get a better job if I wanna drive it an get my own. Although if I had to borrow it for somthing very important I could but it's dads toy he has a 02 dually with 59k 4x4

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really a nice clean looking truck. I would be proud to drive that anytime...

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i will get some pics of 5er soon (we r taking it out next weekend). My wife and I feel it is important to discipline our children, but just as important to reward them for doing well. My boy will be 18 in october, he works at tractor supply, works hard around our small farm, good grades, has taken some college classes this summer and will be taking 3 more his senior year this year. He's well liked well rounded and all in all a good kid, he realizes keeping a vehicle in good working order and clean is a priority. Im blessed to be in a position to put him in a vehicle that will last him a long time. But more blessed to have a son who appreciates what we do for him.

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '69 Camaro was my car in high school. My dad and i rebuilt it together (a lot of fun and very good for or relationship). It has a 283 with true fuelie heads, power glide transmission, midnight blue, loudest thing on the road back in the day. Its time for another refurbish which me and my son are going to do together. Hopefully it will give him the same enjoyment, satisfaction, and attachment to the car as I have. I subscribe to the saying; "teach a child to hunt, fish, and work on cars and no drug dealer anywhere will teach them anything"!!

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i will get some pics of 5er soon (we r taking it out next weekend). My wife and I feel it is important to discipline our children, but just as important to reward them for doing well. My boy will be 18 in october, he works at tractor supply, works hard around our small farm, good grades, has taken some college classes this summer and will be taking 3 more his senior year this year. He's well liked well rounded and all in all a good kid, he realizes keeping a vehicle in good working order and clean is a priority. Im blessed to be in a position to put him in a vehicle that will last him a long time. But more blessed to have a son who appreciates what we do for him.

before i bought my 89 f250 i was looking for a 99-03 7.3 but couldn't find any nice ones around columbus. you got quite a cherry there!

I don't have any kids, but it sure seems like you're doing a fine job raising yours. fwiw

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a tough job raising responsible respectable kids these days. Everyone has their own approach to it, and im not saying mine is the best but it works for us. The biggest compliment i can get is about one of my kids, so thank you sir for your kind words.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
WOW. ;Sweet

That is a nice truck, this is what most of us dream of, buying a well maintained truck from someone who drove it well and respected it. There are so many trucks on the market that have been flogged over the years by negligent or careless people.

Before I bought my first IDI I had went to look at a couple Dodge diesels. Young guys were selling and it was beyond obvious that they were abused. One guy admitted to me that the truck "burned a little water" and he would "fill the radiator with the garden hose" before going anywhere. :eek:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a tough job raising responsible respectable kids these days. Everyone has their own approach to it, and im not saying mine is the best but it works for us. The biggest compliment i can get is about one of my kids, so thank you sir for your kind words.

Ya got that right. There are too many liberal parents that let there kids do anything they want to do. Instead of sticking to there "guns", as the saying goes, it's too much trouble too keep on the path of correction.
Sounds like you have one heck of a nice boy there, congrats on that.
Guess he does deserve that PSD. :thumbsup: :angel:

Got five myself, thank God they are all raised, youngest is 43. Tough going in this day and age. Kinda have a connection to Texas, got one in Corpus Christi.