Pics of 60's med duty trucks?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I'm in the idea stage of a project. I was going to do a 66 F250 or an IH Travelette crew cab with a Cummins 6BT. Next idea was a 66 F600 crew/& hopped up 93-95 DT466, but the only picture I've seen has an ugly front end & I lose the look of the (big brother)F250. Is there any other MD trucks to look at that have "style" to them, preferably crew cab? cookoo Just trying to get a mental picture put together. :frustrate

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Ok, here's the 66 in all its orange glory....

You must be registered for see images

"Ohhhhhhh, reverse is UP and towards you...." -cuss
How am I suppost to know, never drove a three on the tree before :rolleyes:

Oooooooo

Full speed ahead on the wings of goody.... wait what the heck kind of tires are these :???

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Ford 352 with a chebby 454 air cleaner :***:

100mph hahahahahahahahahahaha

Again i ask :***:

Ooooo tow command back in the sixtys

Wait a minute, the shifter looks like an auto, but there is a clutch :??? Ooooooooohhhh, it's a THREE ON THE TREE :peelout

All in all this is a kinda rough around the edges truck, but not really in that bad of shape, especially for the age, and money spent. Not much work will get it lookin like a real fine example of when ford built trucks as TRUCKS
Adrianspeeder

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Thanks, that's more than I've seen on the inside before. I don't really know anyone around here that has one to go check it out. Now if a DT466 would fit.....

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dale,

You might want to check some of the early 70's Fords. They seemed to have a lot of room under the hood and weren't bad lookin. My dad's old F-250 highboy with a 391/4speed/divorced transfer case & Dana 60's was one tough truck.

He gave it to me and even I couldn't destroy it as a teenager.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I saw a cool F600 crew on FTE, it was a 67-69-ish. Just about right. I'm gonna have to find a stinkin' med duty bone yard!...I guess I need money though -cuss

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
A guy here in town has a 59 Chevy Apache 40 crewcab. It's a 3-door railroad conversion. Let me tell you, it is one looooong truck. Originally, it came with a shortbox, but years ago it was lengthened to an 8' standard bed. The worst part is, that the 40 series sheetmetal is different than either 10/20/30, or 50/60 series(med duty), restoring one can be quite a challenge.

Sorry I didn't get any pics last time they were dragging it from shed to shed.

Definitely something different.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the guy can email you a pic of this truck. sorry its not a crewcab. Price is right!

Listing : Rare Mack

Seller Information
Make: MACK
Model: B-42T
Year: 1955
Condition: Good Price: $1,500
Mileage: 37,768
Color: Red
Type: Class 6 (Gvw 19501 -
Doors: 2
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Stereo: Nope

City: Goldsboro
State: North Carolina
Zip: 27534
Features: Hits: 8593
Nice old B model Mack. I have original title and build sheet , ok tires , no holes , everything works it just needs to be restored . 5554 off the mack line , 99% complete , 1500 OBO! E-mail me - [email protected]

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
There is a fellow on the Mack webpage that is putting a 6Bt in a B model. Taking a later model stepvan chassis, installing motor then putting B model cab over it. Kinda neat idea.

Personally I just want a long hood 70's KW with a 12v DD in it...LOL
Now, that would be cool... :draw

My first truck was a '72 1210 series IH pickup. What a truck that was!! 345/4 spd and enough springs out back to support the Queen Mary :Sly

I saw a early 70's crewcab 4wd IH pickup last summer at a show. All restored, red/white, red velour interior, alum. wheels............. :hail
Friend grew up with Travelalls. His dad had couple mid 60's and a 71. Neat, ugly pieces(one was even green w/ woodgrain! )

Last edited:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
......just read in a "Truck Trend" magazine article about the IH "MXT" that IH is intending to get back in the 3/4 & 1 ton truck business. ;Sweet

I couldn't think of anything better that could happen in the full size truck market. If IH plays its' cards right, it could be a force to be reckoned with. :backoff

Sorry to get off topic.

You know, if you could find an old IH 1300 series 4x4 and drop a 5.9 in it.....WOW, that'd be some truck, huh? :draw

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Back when I had my binder, I had never seen a 1210 series before, only 100/200/ etc. I'm not sure what it was rated for, but I would definitely classify it as a "TRUCK"!

FWIW, it was a township truck originally, I got it at auction when they were cleaning up. Paid $150 for it and needed a clutch. Driving it home I forgot the hood latch didn't work well AND the inner fenders were gone(so no hinges)...coming down a slight hill the hood decided to exit stage UP!!!. Woosh, up, it was gone! Luckily I was only going 30-35 mph, and buddy was following me. The RR brake worked too good and locked up as I tried to slow down. I left a 200 ft black mark down that hill and the hood landed safely leaning up against a tree in a yard :idiot:

...........to be 16 again............. :angel:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I like the IH travelette (krew kab) idea, but never seen one as a med. duty. I like the flow of the fenders on the mid 60's Ford & IH, but would rather have it in med. duty so a DT466 can fit. The old Mack B has those cool classy lines too. Sorry Mark, that COE thing is a little too......something. Another alternate is a 93-95 IH 47-4900 short enough for a flat bed of some sort, almost a CXT.

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
Freightrain said:
There is a fellow on the Mack webpage that is putting a 6Bt in a B model. Taking a later model stepvan chassis, installing motor then putting B model cab over it. Kinda neat idea.

Personally I just want a long hood 70's KW with a 12v DD in it...LOL
Now, that would be cool... :draw

My first truck was a '72 1210 series IH pickup. What a truck that was!! 345/4 spd and enough springs out back to support the Queen Mary :Sly

I saw a early 70's crewcab 4wd IH pickup last summer at a show. All restored, red/white, red velour interior, alum. wheels............. :hail
Friend grew up with Travelalls. His dad had couple mid 60's and a 71. Neat, ugly pieces(one was even green w/ woodgrain! )

We are putting a 6B in a 1948 EG mack at the Mack shop in memphis!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online