Picked up a Turbo IDI with a five speed

Reaction score
We needed something to drag our trailer until I get my dually put back together. Stumbled across this 350 almost by accident and got a screaming deal. Yes, it needs some work. Nothing real serious though. The body is pretty good with only one real dent to contend with. Just some lipstick and rouge is all she needs.

Truck had at time of purchase:
New radiator
New water pump
New injection pump
All new brakes and components on all four corners
And either a new or at least rebuilt turbo (it appears to be anyway)

So far I have replaced the glow plugs, glow plug control module, and the fuel filter. A buddy of mine provided almost all the other parts I needed from a parts truck he has. The brakes are squishy, it feels like it needs a new clutch and I think the fuel shut valve or the ignition module is bad. I just happen to have a set of new tires for it as well. I know it sounds like a lot. But it is little stuff. Overall it is a nice truck with relatively low use.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice rig and seldom do we see a conventional cab dually. Glad another idi was saved from the crusher too. With all the new parts it sounds like someone was getting it back to a sellable state.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't know why I'm so in love with regular cab dually's.
I need a crew cab. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This truck was sitting for a while. It was covered in tree crud when I found it. The previous owner just pulled it out and threw a bunch of money at it before I picked it up.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like my trucks,how i like my cars; two doors.

nice score! there is just something so cool about a 9th gen reg cab pickup dually.;Sweet

Wow, that is a sharp truck. Shame it's not 4x4
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the real shame is that ford didn't offer the combo.the only way to get a 4wd dually pre '99 was the cab and chassis.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online