Peanut Oil Anyone?

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I was at the parts store BS'ing with the clerk when he gave me some good intel. He said the local peanut place sells waste peanut oil $3 for 5 gallons. He said that they run it in all their tractors and diesel trucks. I am just not so sure that it will run without modifications to the vehicle. Anyone have experience or recommendations?

Thad

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Rudolph Diesel actually designed his first diesel engine to run on peanut oil, not sure if that helps ya but its ferreal

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Well Rudolph Diesel actually designed his first diesel engine to run on peanut oil, not sure if that helps ya but its ferreal

Yeah, that's what I've been reading....just curious if I can run like a50/50 blend or something....

At 60 cents a gallon that would help alot!!!! I would end up paying $1.75 for a gallon average!!!! Diesel here is $2.89 averaged with the cost of peanut oil at $0.60 would average $1.75!!! I am super excited but I have to ensure my vehilce can handle this....;Sweet

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I read on a site,

http://journeytoforever.org/

that running straight vege oil is bad. They don't come out and say don't do it, but they talk about all the bad things that have happened. I am just curious if they are trying to make a dollar or are actually trying to help save time and money. I want to hear from guys that are running it with no prob's.

Thad

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least you won't have to worry about a large percentage of the population that is highly alergic to that stuff siphioning it out of your tank. LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
bad things seem to happen when it is not heated properly. if it is heated properly and purged out of the injectors with diesel it should be fine. i think more people run into problems because of home made systems that arent perfect and might need some bugs to work out. the engine can suffer from mistakes like that.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
:eek:
Well at least you won't have to worry about a large percentage of the population that is highly alergic to that stuff siphioning it out of your tank. LOL

I can see it now "Truck owner sued as fuel thief was allergic to peanuts". That would be my luck.:eek:

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
:eek:

I can see it now "Truck owner sued as fuel thief was allergic to peanuts". That would be my luck.:eek:

The guy would be from South Kakalacky too.....cookoo

My buddy is from there and I give him crap all the time...just watch COPS and you'll see why I said that...

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Ummm...turns out I got bad info...talked to the guy and he said that Peanut oil is $0.78 per pound. There is close to 7 pounds per gallon, so doing rough math makes it about $5.46 per gallon which is definately NOT worth it.....Thanks anyway guys...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online