Parting Out '86 F250 4x4 - 6.9 - Auto

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Few More Pics

Here's some more pics of the truck. The tree that was "dropped" onto the cab area was green and about 12" across at the point of contact. I'll NEVER forgive my brother for what he pulled. :mad::backoff

On a side note, I was very impressed with the driver's door. It stayed latched at the door jamb, and I had to actually use my truck to pull the door open so I could get inside.

Attachments

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Any estimates to zip 534913 would be appreciated.

And Kenneth, I really feel badly for you. That is one shi**y situation. Sometimes family makes the worst people to deal with.

Is your ZIP 6 digits, or should it only be 5 digits? I have the glovebox assembly, but I will have to check to see if it still has the latch that holds the "door" on it shut.

As for the family thing... Tell me about it... :backoff:backoff:backoff

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Well, after about 6 hours of me and the other half stripping parts, here's what's left. I got the whole harness out in one piece too. ;Sweet I'm headed back out tomorrow for the fuel tanks (I need the sending units) and the rear bumper. Most of the parts were salvaged just fine, although I did lose a fender, both doors, the passenger door window, windshield, and the cab. The back window "popped" out and landed on a blanket I had in the bed. The rubber gasket around it and the window are both still good too. :hail The "wing" windows and door panels survived the impact and the dash and glovebox area were still okay too. Looks like mostly large body parts were what took the blunt of the impact and suffered the damage.

Attachments

• Engine Compartment - Up Close.jpg
    Engine Compartment - Up Close.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Front - Engine Compartment.jpg
    Front - Engine Compartment.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Looking Into Engine Compartment.jpg
    Looking Into Engine Compartment.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Passenger Side.jpg
    Passenger Side.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Dash Area.jpg
    Dash Area.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Parts Removed.jpg
    Parts Removed.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Parts Removed 2.jpg
    Parts Removed 2.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 3
  • Engine Removed.jpg
    Engine Removed.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01673.jpg
    DSC01673.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01670.jpg
    DSC01670.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 1

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummmm, it is 54913.

And HOLY HELL! Was your truck the target for the tree? That was completely nuts, I just can't find the words to describe it. But what a waste of a decent truck. Granted mine looks like it had trees bouncing off of it (really it was my brother and the skid steer, there isn't a vehicle around the farm he hasn't hit and then refused to pay for. He even nailed his own 94 Dodge Cummins and trashed at least 3 tail gates.) but yours really did and I seriously can't think of why anyone would do that.

Anyway, sorry about the damage. That honestly looked like a sweet truck.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could mention how my mom handles things. When I was 16 and driving my Harley around, I parked well out of the way of anyone when I stopped over by my grandmas house. Then my mom stops in with the 4x4 Suburban and goes into the house to talk about something. Well, as I was walking from the barn to my bike, I noticed my mom get back into the 'Burban, toss it into reverse, and just shoot across the yard to turn around before heading out of the driveway. However she picked just the right path into the hay field to not only hit my bike, but drag it backwards underneath the diesel thunder beast for a good 7 or 8 yards and never even knew she did it.

After she left the driveway and made the diesel scream down the road probably hitting 7k rpm, I lifted up the twisted mass and managed to sculpt it into something that resembles a motorcycle, at least got it to move under it's own power and drove home to show my dad who wasn't in the least surprised. He actually laughed and told me storied of how she managed to hit the tractors when she was driving a '68 Chevelle and how at least twice a month in the winter before they got the Suburban 4x4 and then it was only once or twice a winter - period.

Oh man, family.

Not to turn tragedy into a moment of opportunism, but didn't I see a bed light on the top of the cab in the back? Is it available? I'd be interested if it is. Did you have a momentary wiper switch? And believe me when I say that if I could afford the bed, it looks good to me. For reference, see the pic in my sig. <chuckle> And I am sure that the seat is STILL in better shape than mine... :p

Any and all parts are going for a good cause. A rough looking 86 Ford 250 that just needs some TLC and a lot of Love. So I can cruise around and not worry about all the nice cars getting too close. ;-)

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could mention how my mom handles things. When I was 16 and driving my Harley around, I parked well out of the way of anyone when I stopped over by my grandmas house. Then my mom stops in with the 4x4 Suburban and goes into the house to talk about something. Well, as I was walking from the barn to my bike, I noticed my mom get back into the 'Burban, toss it into reverse, and just shoot across the yard to turn around before heading out of the driveway. However she picked just the right path into the hay field to not only hit my bike, but drag it backwards underneath the diesel thunder beast for a good 7 or 8 yards and never even knew she did it.

After she left the driveway and made the diesel scream down the road probably hitting 7k rpm, I lifted up the twisted mass and managed to sculpt it into something that resembles a motorcycle, at least got it to move under it's own power and drove home to show my dad who wasn't in the least surprised. He actually laughed and told me storied of how she managed to hit the tractors when she was driving a '68 Chevelle and how at least twice a month in the winter before they got the Suburban 4x4 and then it was only once or twice a winter - period.

Oh man, family.

Not to turn tragedy into a moment of opportunism, but didn't I see a bed light on the top of the cab in the back? Is it available? I'd be interested if it is. Did you have a momentary wiper switch? And believe me when I say that if I could afford the bed, it looks good to me. For reference, see the pic in my sig. <chuckle> And I am sure that the seat is STILL in better shape than mine... :p

Any and all parts are going for a good cause. A rough looking 86 Ford 250 that just needs some TLC and a lot of Love. So I can cruise around and not worry about all the nice cars getting too close. ;-)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scrapped one that caught a tree too. Darn shame, as it really ruins an otherwise decent truck.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score

The cab light on the back of the cab is still good and I pulled it yesterday. I have the interior light too (with the map lights). The lens to the interior light got broke, but the light itself is still good. I have an intermentant wiper switch (actually grabbed the motor, wiper control arms, and the wiper arms too). The bed has rust in the wheel wells, but the fender flares covered it. The rest of the bed is straight, and the only thing missing is the tail lights and the fuel doors. I used the tail lights, but still have the fuel doors. I'm going to try to sell the bed for $50-$100 just to cut down the amount of weight that my mom's husband takes to the wrecking yard. :D

And yes, the truck was the target for the tree. They dropped it intentionally on my truck, and even video taped it so that they could watch it over and over again. Excitement for them, and proof in court for me.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me with what you want for the rear light and wiper switch, ok?

And I'm jealous that they taped the whole fiasco for you. I never get good evidence.

That all truly sucks. I've seen families with bad dynamics, and I thought mine was bad, but yours is now going to be used as a baseline for all others

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Well, the truck is stripped and going to the wreckers tomorrow. The only thing left is the bed, the crushed cab, and the frame. I couldn't get the rear bumper off or the seat and carpet out of it, but I took anything I could. I have door hinges, brake lines, fuel lines, fuel tanks, heater/AC unit, the whole wiring harness, one fender, grille, core support, shocks, front bumper, heater ducting, sun visors, interior panels/trim, chrome body trim, "wing" windows, radiator, PS pump, PS gearbox, engine, and just about anything else that was held on by a nut, bolt, or screw. Over all, I hauled three truck loads of parts back to my place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online