Part Number Needed

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a part number for a block off plate for the fuel pump. I went on the Summit Racing website and they have quite a few of them for the big block chevy which if I understand correctly is the right one to use. If a local supplier like Napa has it then let me know that to if you have that info. I would rather buy it locally than to pay shipping charges which would probably cost more than the part itself. Thanks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its any big block chevy mechanical block off plate but make sure the one you buy does not hang up on the top machined area of the block. Some of them do this and some simple grinding makes them fit correctly. Just dry fit it and see if the machined lip is a problem.
If you have a gasket and some 1/4 inch steel or aluminum just make your own. Its that easy if you have a smal shop, a bench grinder and a small band saw. Even a scroll saw will cut aluminum.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the diamond'ish shaped one with two holes, not four. four will work in a pinch if you cut off the outer 2 into the shape of a diamond but thats kinda rigged... any local part store *should* have one

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure its sealed good. I put mine in upside down apparently n it let me know in short order. Lost about 3 quarts of oil in 10 mins...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I got...

You must be registered for see images attach

Hope this helps...clearly any BB chev will be the correct one...just ensure it sits correctly as previously mentioned..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Great pics guys... thanks... The top point is the part that might need grinding I talked about. Test fit it first so you knoe its going to clear that tiny machined step in that area... why the hell international didn't completely machine that area the same is a wonder to me...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice how this plate fits...you don't want the plate to ride up on the lip on top or bottom thus creating a leak...

I test fit prior to installing with sealant as I didn't want any issues mid stream of installing with elephant snot on the gasket.

Next time, I'm going to make a 3/8" thick plate, drill and tap two 1/4" NPT holes for plugs, that later can be used for some custom stuff.:sly:sly Like Oh...I dunno a bypass oil filter setup..or ....I dunno..but just in case I need it I'll have it!:D

I was in a hurry needed truck running asap and I even had the plain chrome one I took pic of earlier...but bought this one JIC I couldn't find the other in my shop:eek:'

Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online