Parked On A Snow Bank

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I went down to McDonald's tonight, and saw what was left of a snow bank and decided to park on it.:D I tried to get on it at the highest point, but I was in two wheel and started spinning the rear tires. I got up as high as I could and hopped out (literallyLOL). Took a few pics and left it parked there while I got a Red Box movie. Getting back in was a little tricky, but I got in and realized that maybe lifting it wouldn't be as "cool" as I thought (At least not until I add the step bars).

P.S.
It's getting washed and the wheels polished up this weekend... I know it's getting dirty, but I've been busy.

Attachments

• DSC00511.jpg
    DSC00511.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00512.jpg
    DSC00512.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00513.jpg
    DSC00513.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 17

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Nice. I love how much the frame twists in these trucks. When you get to that much flex do you have issues with your upper box corners rubbing on the cab?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went down to McDonald's tonight, and saw what was left of a snow bank and decided to park on it.:D I tried to get on it at the highest point, but I was in two wheel and started spinning the rear tires. I got up as high as I could and hopped out (literallyLOL). Took a few pics and left it parked there while I got a Red Box movie. Getting back in was a little tricky, but I got in and realized that maybe lifting it wouldn't be as "cool" as I thought (At least not until I add the step bars).

P.S.
It's getting washed and the wheels polished up this weekend... I know it's getting dirty, but I've been busy.
Ken-
before you do that again, check out the deflection between the body and the bed.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Ken-
before you do that again, check out the deflection between the body and the bed.

I didn't even think about that!:eek:cookoo I went out and checked, and the bed and cab didn't touch, but I need to be more careful with the things I do. I'll keep that in mind BEFORE I let another "redneck" idea cross my mind.:rotflmao

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I had my '82 crossed up like that for a similar pic that I used for a school project. I didn't notice any body panel contact, but these frames do have a pretty fair bit of twist in them...

My boss said that it looks like if I could have gotten it to "twist" anymore than my driver's side rear tire might have lifted off the ground.:eek: Great way to change a tire I guess...:rotflmao

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Ha. True, I've done that many a time. Usually in 4wd they'll pull themselves up enough to get a rear tire off the ground. That's usually when the bed and the cab say hello though :eek:

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
My '88 had a winch on the front and when I swapped out my stock tires for 35" tires, I pulled up to a tree, wrapped a chain around it a few times about 10 feet up and used the winch to raise the front end.cookoo Changed BOTH front tires at the same time without having to jack it up at all. I try not to do stuff like that anymore because looking back, I could have easily gotten hurt or killed if something came loose!:eek:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
twisted mine nicely one time.
drove off into a ditch, the driver front tire and pass rear tire were on ground, the rest was in the air.
I could push on the bumper and rock the whole truck 2-3ft

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the frame that flexes or is it just the body moving on the frame? My old 75 chevy mud truck had poly body mounts and a 3 in body lift and it didnt seem to move near as much as these trucks do.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I think it's a little of both. Towcat and I were chatting about it last night... There is no center body mount on the cab, so under enough twist of the frame a person could possibly twist the cab itself.:eek: I think is more frame twist than any body though.

sootman73

Reaction score
haha does everyone take pics like this?LOLLOL;Sweet

but when i sent my truck into the pond it was creeking as the semi pulled on the one back corner. it was a horrible horrible sound! everyone thought the frame was bent cuz the bed rail was higher than the back window at one point! but nothing wrong and drives straight down the road! i love my FORD:love::thumbsup::backoff

Attachments

• truk.jpg
    truk.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 18
  • truyck.jpg
    truyck.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 17
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Forum statistics