Overboost Problem

B

Big K

Got a call from a friend yesterday. He has an '02 HO similar to mine. Check Engine light came on. Had him check for codes. Got 0234 and 1693.
To me, this says that he had an overboost situation that was seen by the ECM/PCM.
Truck has 275's, and boost fooler.
I suggested that he disconnect batteries in an effort to reset codes, and inspect connection points for the boost fooler. Dry, clean, and apply some di-electric grease, as I suspect that he either lost the connection, or perhaps the fooler itself has malfunctioned. It had been on the truck for about 1 month w/ no problem.
He then indicated that he had used a pressure washer on the truck very recently, and while not inside the engine compartment, he did hit the fenderwells pretty good. I'm kinda leaning toward a bad/wet connection at this point.
He's also going to contact the mfr. of the fooler for advise.

Anyone got anything to add?

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definately points to a bad connection. I would disconnect the fooler, clean and dry the terminals and apply some dialectric (sp?) grease.

Probably something simple. Is it possible that water entered the fooler itself?

Dave

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fooler is nothing but a custom voltage regulator. The one I had on my truck was potted in epoxy. I'll bet it some water in the connections...

MCummings

Reaction score
Originally posted by Big K
codes...1693.

he had used a pressure washer on the truck very recently

ignore 1693, it's useless,, tells you something you allready know. That you have a code.

Pressure washer might have given him a short, and it'll fix when he dries it out, or id screwed up his fooler.

How much boost is he seeing? on a HO it's 22PSI and then a code. If he set the code at less boost, then it's definatly a short. If it was set at 22PSI+ then the fooler is no longer.

Merrick