Outstanding Clutch Flywheel Deal Auto Zone

sassyrel

Reaction score
I got my clutch from napa. It's a LUK boxed as a Napa brand. Came with flywheel, bolts, pressure plate, , bolts, clutch disc, pilot and Throwout bearing and it's a 12.25" not an 11. $435

THAT!! was a buy!!! guy just had the whole assm replaced in his 92 idi 5 spd,,and they hit him for 700 for the whole assm!!!!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another note, I save ALL my paper receipts and that has helped the stores remember I bought the part. Computers have a way of forgetting what you bought.

The above brings up another point; How many of you get the receipts that are printed on thermal paper, put them in the glovebox, and about a year later you can't read them? Some of these receipts seem to have a "self-destruct" feature.

1Turbo10

Reaction score
Oh yes,the vanishing receipt! Not to long ago I pulled some out and they were all blank,parts store had them on file but I like having my own. I suggest you make a copy of them and save those. As far as the liberal replacement policy it is smart marketing,think how much advertising cost them. Now,take the actual cost to them of replacement pads for example. Think about it! It brings you back into their store ( Goodwill ) Now they sell you rotors, calipers,Brake Lines,Fluid ,Tools,on and on! The fact the we are discussing it right now is the best free advertising they can't buy! As to the clutch deal I posted it's a 12" disc. Can't wait to install it!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how you lifetime warranty a wear item....

Never seen a lifetime tyre warranty

Never seen lifetime Brake pad warranty....they do wear out...

Never seen lifetime belt warrant....

Just saying...

Some parts do wear out...

Al

Sold parts for years, saw lifetime on all of them (except tires, didn't sell them at the tire shop). At any rate, lifetime pads will work on rotors, clutches rarely get returned cause it's work to change them and we sold lifetime Gates belts as well, again, rarely did they fail before vehicle was sold, wrecked, etc. Warranty only valid to original purchaser. I have 260,000 miles on my vehicle, still OEM belt, I bought the car with 2 miles on it! How many cars are kept that long by original owner? lol

sassyrel

Reaction score
The above brings up another point; How many of you get the receipts that are printed on thermal paper, put them in the glovebox, and about a year later you can't read them? Some of these receipts seem to have a "self-destruct" feature.

DANG STRAIGHT!!! when i get one i need to keep..straight to the copier, for a reprint,,and attach to that one!!!

sassyrel

Reaction score
Sold parts for years, saw lifetime on all of them (except tires, didn't sell them at the tire shop). At any rate, lifetime pads will work on rotors, clutches rarely get returned cause it's work to change them and we sold lifetime Gates belts as well, again, rarely did they fail before vehicle was sold, wrecked, etc. Warranty only valid to original purchaser. I have 260,000 miles on my vehicle, still OEM belt, I bought the car with 2 miles on it! How many cars are kept that long by original owner? lol

im like you,odd man out!!! bought a 96 tdi,,with 212,000 on it,wrecked..fixed it for 278.00,paint and all..dad said,,you nuts??? i finally parked it, with 434,000 on the clock..the body was trying to rot right off!!!!!! i wanted this year tdi,,they get right at 55-60 mpg on the open road...

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how you lifetime warranty a wear item....

Never seen a lifetime tyre warranty

Never seen lifetime Brake pad warranty....they do wear out...

Never seen lifetime belt warrant....

Just saying...

Some parts do wear out...

Al

May sound crazy. But auto zone does life tIMe everything. I have such a system down between me and my friend and vehicles we had in the past EVERYTHING ITS IN WARRANTY! HAHAHA