Outlook Monitor Installation

div7racer

Reaction score
I just got a Bully Dog Outlook Monitor for my 2005.The instructions it comes with are very poor,as they dont explain where to hook up some of the wires.Have any of you installed one of these on a truck,and if so could you tell me how you did it?I would like to hook it up today (sat) or tomorrow,and dont want to wait till Monday to call them on their tech line.Basically,there is a small yellow wire w/o an end that I think hooks up to a 12 volt source controlled by the key,but I dont want to do anything before I know for sure.They also say hook up the red ground connections,but there is only one red connection and it is a female butt connector.What does it connect to?And finally,the wires marked pyro #2 and a small black wire with a loop end are connected together with a nut and bolt, what do I do with them?I have figured out where and how to hook up the rest of the connections though.Thanks in advance for any and all help.

scrappy

Reaction score
div7racer said:
I just got a Bully Dog Outlook Monitor for my 2005.The instructions it comes with are very poor,as they dont explain where to hook up some of the wires.Have any of you installed one of these on a truck,and if so could you tell me how you did it?I would like to hook it up today (sat) or tomorrow,and dont want to wait till Monday to call them on their tech line.Basically,there is a small yellow wire w/o an end that I think hooks up to a 12 volt source controlled by the key,but I dont want to do anything before I know for sure.They also say hook up the red ground connections,but there is only one red connection and it is a female butt connector.What does it connect to?And finally,the wires marked pyro #2 and a small black wire with a loop end are connected together with a nut and bolt, what do I do with them?I have figured out where and how to hook up the rest of the connections though.Thanks in advance for any and all help.

the one labeled pyro#2 that is hooked with the nut and bolt is for a second pyro probe and need to be hooked as they are if they are not hooked to a probe. as to the rest I can't help.

div7racer

Reaction score
thanks Scrappy.I found out the yellow wire goes to the fuse block,terminal #28.I will attach the red terminal to a ground and give it a try.

ok,its a few hours later and it is working.

Last edited: