Other... People...

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind waiting the station I use has 2 diesel pump both which always have semis or farmers filling up
I use this time to get me some gas station food ;Sweet

as as far as the snotty people a quick F-Off shuts them up :eek:LOL

People who love to give attitude seldom expect it back i find...hahahah especially when their ignorant ***** feel righteous about giving you crap and then you have the nerve to give it back....oh man! Mind-blower!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All valid ******* alerts. I put about 100 Miles a day on the f550 for work, Beaverton Oregon has the worst, inconsiderate drivers in the country. Hauled one of the mini hoes today and a **** in a BMW passed me on a double yellow, and almost head on into an unmarked police charger, which BTW will do a 180 with application of right foot, I'm a witness.lol officer came back to jobsite and had given the guy about a grand in tickets. So there is justice sometimes.
But I digress, as to the sheeple, just think, we are the "normal" folk today. Scary, no? LOL

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Big bumpers freak folks here...need train horns too.

I have to say, I thought about the train horns......
Then I had an inspiration at a garage sale....
Someday I'll have my grill off and get a picture of it (because they are hidden), but I have 6 set of those cheap 2-tone red plastic boat horns with the independent 12v compressors stuffed in there, painted black and wired up to one switch. :rotflmao (guy had 'em NIB, well NI-plastic-from-hell, for $1 each)
I was under the hood when my wife decided it'd be funny to set 'em off, yeah, I cracked my chin on the fender when she hit it, those things are LOUD.............

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someday I'll have my grill off and get a picture of it (because they are hidden), but I have 6 set of those cheap 2-tone red plastic boat horns with the independent 12v compressors stuffed in there, painted black and wired up to one switch. :rotflmao (guy had 'em NIB, well NI-plastic-from-hell, for $1 each)
I was under the hood when my wife decided it'd be funny to set 'em off, yeah, I cracked my chin on the fender when she hit it, those things are LOUD.............

Something like these.

Attachments

• top side creeper2.jpg
    top side creeper2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 91

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
yep, 2 sets mounted to the bottom of the plastic trim at the top, 2 sets on each side on the rad supports ;Sweet

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

just reading this makes my tinnitus start to hurt. I would like a louder horn though. I'm planning on a CB soon (with a PA speaker in the front bumper) so I'll be able to yell at people in traffic from inside the cab!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got a set of horns, loud as hell..
need to find a clean way to hide them.

superds

Reaction score
Wow, some good stupid people stories here. I'll share mine...

I live in a small house on a small lot in a cul-de-sac so there isn't much street parking. Between my wife and I we have six cars plus a car trailer. Well, she has one car and I have the rest...but I'm working to reduce my overall number of cars by one, replacing my F150 with the 88 F250 idi that I'm working on getting up and running. So, because of only having a two stall garage and a driveway only big enough for two cars on a normal basis (without blocking the sidewalk), I only keep 3-4 cars at home and the rest are at a rented spot at a storage place and at my dad's shop. But even with only 3 cars here, sometimes I need a temporary street parking spot to get a different car out of the garage and I may park there for a day since I'm not about to fire up a vehicle in a perfectly good parking spot just to move it, I'll wait until the next time I drive it the next day. Well, the nearest spot to my house on the street is the spot between my driveway and the neighbor to the south, so I would park there once in a while to facilitate moving cars around.

Using this spot occasionally went on for a couple months after we moved in last year (I know, we should have bought more garage to go with our house but I only need to keep 3 vehicles here and have access to a shop to work on/store vehicles...) until one day I come home from work and the neighbor to the south was parked in this publicly owned spot. I didn't think anything of it or care in the least since it's a free spot and anybody is entitled to use it, in my opinion (and the law would agree). This goes on for a couple weeks and my wife and I notice that they park there when they get home from work, then move it into the garage later after I get home from work. The whole thing is odd because they only have two cars and a two stall garage so there wouldn't be a lot of need to park on the street, if it were me. I don't like wasting the fuel/wear to start up a vehicle to move it 30 feet. So, then a couple weeks into this odd behavior my wife looks out the window and sees them standing out on the boulevard painting a dot on the grass and putting a stick in the ground where the property line is. Then she sees them park their car in the on the street but only taking parking forward enough so their car doesn't cross the property line, but the spot is not real large so it stuck out into their driveway... The stick was then removed by the time I got home, my wife said she (the neighbor wife) was looking around pretty nervously when they were scoping out the stick in the ground and how far they could go without crossing the line.

The neighbors never spoke to us about the parking issue but we could tell by this odd behavior that it bothered them that I parked there occasionally and we feel like they thought they were "entitled" to the parking spot that is in front of their house (it's in front of both of our houses, btw). Shortly after this they don't park in the street very often anymore so it makes me wonder if they were complaining to someone they knew about us and finally someone told them they don't "own" the street and to stop being such cry babies.

Fast forward several months and now they have a dog they like to keep outside on occasion but keep indoors overnight. It likes to bark whenever it goes out (especially at 6 am when they let it out first thing in the morning), and the barking is getting more intense and barking longer when it has it's fits as it gets older...

I hope they enjoy hearing my idi idle when I finally start parking it at home in several months from now when it's finally up and running.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live on a street that can be busy at times and there is no parking in front of my house per the city. Fortunately we have a large driveway that comfortably parks 6-8 vehicles that can come and go and can even turn my truck with car trailer attached around. Drives me nutz when a stranger comes over with their fancy car with back up cameras and crap and have a tough time turning around in the drive.

superds

Reaction score
Yeah, my street is parking one side only, but that doesn't stop the jerks down the street (not the next door neighbors) from parking on both sides, sometimes in front of the community mailbox. I can't turn around in my driveway, that's for sure! But luckily the street is wide enough in front of my house where I can back my trailer into the driveway when needed.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
You guys did, you got me started on street parking. Luckily it's a non issue now as we own a house off a state route and some acreage, but when my fiance and I first met we lived in Huntington, WV where I was occasionally attending classes. Both of our tricks still had Ohio tags, Bruiser and her little black '02 Ranger, and we lived between crackheads in a 3 story house (3 floors, 3 apartments) build in the 20's. Only house on the block they didn't demolish for students apartments. Couldn't even rent a lot from the companies that owned those new apartments/parking lots, so street parking only on Huntington's busiest north/south street in front of a house where we were the only ones with vehicles! After a few months or so, we both received notices on our windshields from HPD that we could no longer park on the street and that they would tow or trucks. Called the station and explained that I was a student and they didn't care, all they said was someone complained about them so much that they gave us these notices. So on top of renting a crappy apartment with terrible tenets above and below us (and we had 2 entry does, but only 1 door in the apartment, for the bathroom, and it didn't even latch!), we had to rent space to park our trucks. Anytime we had to drive anywhere in was a 5 block walk through a not so great part of town. Garage was an old community center that had been stripped and had no power. Luckily the owner's soon left a 10' section of pipe that we had to use to hold the doors open so we could move the trucks in and out. I will NEVER go through that again.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys did, you got me started on street parking. Luckily it's a non issue now as we own a house off a state route and some acreage, but when my fiance and I first met we lived in Huntington, WV where I was occasionally attending classes. Both of our tricks still had Ohio tags, Bruiser and her little black '02 Ranger, and we lived between crackheads in a 3 story house (3 floors, 3 apartments) build in the 20's. Only house on the block they didn't demolish for students apartments. Couldn't even rent a lot from the companies that owned those new apartments/parking lots, so street parking only on Huntington's busiest north/south street in front of a house where we were the only ones with vehicles! After a few months or so, we both received notices on our windshields from HPD that we could no longer park on the street and that they would tow or trucks. Called the station and explained that I was a student and they didn't care, all they said was someone complained about them so much that they gave us these notices. So on top of renting a crappy apartment with terrible tenets above and below us (and we had 2 entry does, but only 1 door in the apartment, for the bathroom, and it didn't even latch!), we had to rent space to park our trucks. Anytime we had to drive anywhere in was a 5 block walk through a not so great part of town. Garage was an old community center that had been stripped and had no power. Luckily the owner's soon left a 10' section of pipe that we had to use to hold the doors open so we could move the trucks in and out. I will NEVER go through that again.

THAT..., sound like a nightmare. Also sounds reminiscent of when I lived in NOLA except I didn't own anything but a mountain bike. Which I NEVER let out of my sight unless double locked. I'm looking forward to the land whale's first trip to the Big Easy. The FQ will be fun with that truck.
I'm diving into the big girl today to try and fix my fuel leaks since I did all the return lines. Wish me luck!

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Well,

I guess there is one advantage to living in an area with no law enforcement...

Everyone is smart enough to mind their own business.

Anyone making a derogatory comment about someone's truck around here, is probably gonna get a pistol shoved up their left nostril, sideways.

And that is the BEST possible outcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin