One or Two Tank Processor for WMO?

sporanox

Reaction score
I bought a 1 tank system with a 55gph PAbiodiesel rig. I am trying to investigate if I should make this a two tank system for better performance? Also, I was looking into a nozzle from Utah biodiesle for dewatering. Any help, pictures or drawings would greatly be appreciated to help this WMO noob. The end result will be W85 to put in a 80-90s mercedes, of which I am on the look for.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I myself AM looking at the dewaering nozzle, if you are talking about the one that fans the oil out in a nice half umbrella pattern. If you buy it let me know your results. I'm working two tanks rigght now and looking for the time to hook up two more tanks to complete the system. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

sporanox

Reaction score
WebSites

I bought a 1 tank system with a 55gph PAbiodiesel rig. I am trying to investigate if I should make this a two tank system for better performance? Also, I was looking into a nozzle from Utah biodiesle for dewatering. Any help, pictures or drawings would greatly be appreciated to help this WMO noob. The end result will be W85 to put in a 80-90s mercedes, of which I am on the look for.

Can any suggested websites or forums that may answer my questions?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the nozzle... however I currently use a 4 drum system which is a bit excessive. I would say you could get by with 2 or 3 easily. I use my first drum as my mix tank which I dump my oil and RUG into and let settle. From there I pump into a drum that is up on a work bench and gravity feed out of it through a pre-filter setup... then into another holding drum. (this drum is the one that could easily be deleted as I used to just filter...) From there, I pump into my 'fuge drum.

Personally, I would want 3 drums. A mixing drum, a settling/filter stage drum, and a centrifuge drum... which I would also suggest pre filtering.

Anywho...

sporanox

Reaction score
3 tanks

Not sure on the nozzle... however I currently use a 4 drum system which is a bit excessive. I would say you could get by with 2 or 3 easily. I use my first drum as my mix tank which I dump my oil and RUG into and let settle. From there I pump into a drum that is up on a work bench and gravity feed out of it through a pre-filter setup... then into another holding drum. (this drum is the one that could easily be deleted as I used to just filter...) From there, I pump into my 'fuge drum.

Personally, I would want 3 drums. A mixing drum, a settling/filter stage drum, and a centrifuge drum... which I would also suggest pre filtering.

Anywho...

Do you have any pictures of your setup. Is there any danger of pumping a mixture with RUG?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the pump. W80 has a much higher ign. temp then plain RUG.. but it is still flammable. I've not had any issues as of yet currently using two different style pumps... one designed for water as a low pressure transfer pump... the other is a power steering pump which is the high pressure pump that drives the centrifuge.

I do have quite a few pics of my setup... but instead of double posting them, here is my setup...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?60739-My-first-filtration-rig-wmo-processor

sporanox

Reaction score
Dewatering

Depends on the pump. W80 has a much higher ign. temp then plain RUG.. but it is still flammable. I've not had any issues as of yet currently using two different style pumps... one designed for water as a low pressure transfer pump... the other is a power steering pump which is the high pressure pump that drives the centrifuge.

I do have quite a few pics of my setup... but instead of double posting them, here is my setup...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?60739-My-first-filtration-rig-wmo-processor

How are you dewatering?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it stands... I settle everything. None of my oil is milky or what have you before it goes in my settle tanks. I've got 3 ibc totes out back where it sits for months.

I do plan to heat my centrifuge drum... but that will be after I get my shed built.

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online