Oil suggestions for 7.3

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
I am going to be doing a oil change next weekend. I was thinking about switching to delo 400. I currently use rotella oil(non-syn). I have read where the delo has given better oil analysis results. Where are you guys finding the oil? I haven't seen it anywhere when I have been looking. Thanks for any and all help! Jim

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim,

Are you experiencing unusual oil analysis on the Rotella? Not trying to talk you out of the switch as I do use Delo 400 and like the heck out of it, but I also havent heard negative reports about Rotella either. I'm just curious as to why you want to switch is all.

Mike

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
No, I have not had my oil analyzed yet, But I'm planning on doing it to this oil change, (on the rotella) and switch to delo and see which one does better, I did not have any problems with rotella, I just read better stuff about the delo. I will post my results when I get my oil sample results back. Jim

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I've used Delo 15W40 for the past 140K exclusively except for one oil change with Redline synthetic. I must have 10 Blackstone UOAs by now and all were excellent EXCEPT when I changed to Redline synthetic 15W40...ONCE! :mad: Delo 15W40 is sold at Costco by the case and at NAPA.

Splash

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but where would you go to get you oil analyzed and how do you do it??? Thanks and sorry for the hijack.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but where would you go to get you oil analyzed and how do you do it??? Thanks and sorry for the hijack.

Blackstone will send you a 4 oz plastic sample bottle. At next oil change collect 3-4 ozs but wait until the middle of it dripping before collecting it. They will send you the results by email .pdf and by snail mail if requested.

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
Well I have both a walmart and a napa in town so I hope they carry it. For you guys that send in the oil analysis, how long does it usually take to get the results back?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Well I have both a walmart and a napa in town so I hope they carry it. For you guys that send in the oil analysis, how long does it usually take to get the results back?

Once they receive the sample...the next day by email. ;Sweet

twildman

Reaction score
I just switched to the Delo 400, and truck is quieter. Seems to like it better. I will get an analysis done (if i remember cookoo ) and see how its doing.

FWIW, Advance auto had it cheaper by a little over a dollar over wally world. Of course I found out after the wally world was already in the truck :idiot: ;Poke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online