Oil Pressure Gauge

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The electronic oil pressure gauge on my 1994 7.3 IDI non-turbo seems to be reading on the low side of normal about 1/8 inch to the left of N both cold or hot . It was reading just above the N just about 1500 miles ago . No difference after an oil and filter change . I guess I need to check the pressure with a gauge or even tee-in and install a permanent mechanical gauge . Where is the oil pressure sending unit located on this engine ? BTW, Is there any way to test an electonic sending unit with VOM ? - Thanks

Last edited:

7.3shrk

There is an article in here about converting your factory gauge (over done idiot light) to an actual gauge - I do no not know how accurate it will be though.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sending unit is on the top rear of the block, back behind the end of the valley pan. You could swap it out with another Ford one, but I'd just go with an aftermarket ISSPro brand one myself, and T it in so the factory gauge still provides some amusement.

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any have link to that article ? - Thanks

There is an article in here about converting your factory gauge (over done idiot light) to an actual gauge - I do no not know how accurate it will be though.