oil pressure gauge wire

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i am putting in an actual oil pressure gauge and wanted to use the factory wire instead of running a new one. i was going to cut the wire that goes up to the dash and run it to the new gauge.

what im not sure about is if the wire goes from the sender right through the cab or if it goes into the computer also.

if anyone has a wire diagram or knows where the wire goes that would be great.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your oil pressure wire will not go thru the E4OD computer.No reason for that. Sadly I can't offer a wiring diagram.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i just did some digging and it seems the white/red wire is the one for the sensor. i just cut the wire in the cab and put the stock gauge wire to ground and hooked the other wire from the engine to the new gauge and got an accurate reading.

at cold start it went to 25 psi and slowly crept to 50 psi. once off the high idle it went back down to 25 psi.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this instance, but sometimes a wire will be a different color on either side of a connector. Maybe that's why you couldn't find the same color of wire inside the cab?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My stock gauge is unhooked. It reads “normal”. Your pressure sounds about like mine. I’ve got both the stock and autometer senders up on the turbo inlet. The stock one was acting funny so I disconnected it. LOL.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i had put a new sender on but the factory gauge would still barely read any pressure so it would make the engine light flicker.

i just kinda wung it with the color wire and stripped it back a little and touched a ground to it and the factory needle moved so i knew it was the right wire.

ill put some pictures up once i do all the final mounting and wiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online