Oil level rising...

DEZLPWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked my oil level tonight. First time in a little while. Oil level is over the full mark, which I am almost positive it was right at "full" last time I checked it a month or so ago... :confused: :confused:
Truck was in the same place in my driveway that it always is when I check the oil. Coolant level does not appear to be down. Oil on dipstick does not appear to smell like diesel fuel.

What gives? :confused: Guess I'll just have to monitor the situation, eh? I always sample at each oil change, BTW... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MUDDY

Reaction score
hopefully just drained down. was it sittin for long time. time previous checked was it sittin long time or no. good luck

B

Big K

Continue to check, don't sweat. Though you make the ponies, they ain't used that much, and the boost involved is not enuf to worry 'bout.

Monitor, but don't be concerned.

Gonna have to do a complete R & R one of these days, who will it be????:confused:

:D :D :D

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take an oil sample down to Spectra Labs in Tacoma - Make sure you get the fuel dillution and silicon numbers. Last time I took a sample there it was $15 but that was many years ago. And keep a close eye on that rig of yours...

Heres the info from qwestdex.com

Spectra Analyalitical
2221 Ross Way Tcma, WA 98421
(253) 272-4850

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
??

DEZLPOWR: How can you hold 517 HP with a CON-OFE? that's cool how do you like that clutch?>:***: :cool

ofcourse

1% r
Reaction score
Last time my level creeped up there (due to dealer oil changes)
I just spit it out the breather while on the dyno at BD.
Remember that Steve?

TC

DEZLPWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: ??

Originally posted by Cummnzpowr
DEZLPOWR: How can you hold 517 HP with a CON-OFE? that's cool how do you like that clutch?>:***: :cool

hehehe, that's a good question....LOL I think that I'm seriously at the limits of the clutch. I have yet to slip it yet, knock on wood, but I normally run with the Comp on 1x5 or off, so that helps. When I do crank it up to 5x5, I just say a little prayer beforehand that my clutch holds and I don't break anything. hehehehe LOL LOL

DEZLPWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ofcourse
Last time my level creeped up there (due to dealer oil changes)
I just spit it out the breather while on the dyno at BD.
Remember that Steve?

TC

hehehe, yeah I remember the pool of oil under your truck on the dyno... ;) I thought for sure something bad had happened... :eek:

ofcourse

1% r
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big K
Continue to check, don't sweat. Though you make the ponies, they ain't used that much, and the boost involved is not enuf to worry 'bout.

Monitor, but don't be concerned.

Gonna have to do a complete R & R one of these days, who will it be????:confused:

:D :D :D

Whats this "junior crap":shoot:

Eric, maybe it will be that new crate motor sitting in my shop.
Thats if I keep throwing mods at mine and it doesn't survive.

Terry

ofcourse

1% r
Reaction score
Thanks Eric

After browsing around the site a bit, it looks like it will be pretty tough for a few un-named individual to get in trouble.

Think I'm going to like it over here:thanks: again.
:shoot: :fight: :yell: :shoot: OH YEAH!!

B

Big K

If everyone can be reasonable, use a bit of discretion, and keep it in good taste, perhaps we can have a little fun to go along with our truck talk:)

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric,

are you running for office? That sounded like a very reserved position! :yell:

Oh well, if that doesn't work.......:shoot:

:sorry:

hehe

Dave

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terry and Dave, good to have you aboard.:moon: This spring we will have an OILBURNERS convention in Graham. :shake: