Oil in Radiator afraid to drive it

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
i just had my injector cups replaced in my 2002 F 350 and now i noticed i had oil in my plastic radiator resovior.... no white smoke from tail pipe. Help
What could this be now ?
Injector cups and labor was already 6,000.00

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
Ah, i wasnt sure i was reaching the right group... i dont use this site very often as i do Diesel Bombers.
But i think i will start using this more.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help really,
So there is no fluid leaking under the truck. Could this still be the peoblem ? Internal leaking and cross contamination.
Can i still drive this ti my mechanic ?
Hes about one hr away and all downhill.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure you can drive it but water does not make a good lubricant nor will your cooling system be happy with oil in the coolant

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Are you sure its not residual oil from the injector cup job? I mean, I hope the shop flushed everything out well... but who knows?

EDIT: Also, before doing any work to the oil cooler, check to make sure it's check-valves aren't missing. I was about to service mine and noticed missing parts... so I replaced it instead.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has good oil level and trucks not overheating,
I just need to drive it to my mechanic
Yes but if there’s water in the oil your bearings will not be lubricated properly, I wouldn’t drive it like that but you do what you gotta do

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Oil pressure is higher than the coolant pressure, so you shouldn't wind up with coolant in the oil. You should be ok, but you will need to flush the cooling system thoroughly.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
Are you sure its not residual oil from the injector cup job? I mean, I hope the shop flushed everything out well... but who knows?

EDIT: Also, before doing any work to the oil cooler, check to make sure it's check-valves aren't missing. I was about to service mine and noticed missing parts... so I replaced it instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online