Oil filter light

Fitzy

Reaction score
oil filter light comes on when accelerating 2800-3000rpms and egt climbs guickly to 1200. If I back off throttle trucks runs fine but won't go over 70 mph. 1993 F350 crewcab 4x4 factory turbo 5sp new clutch; new fuel tanks, Facet lift pump, Wix fuel filter with 600 miles on it . Truck starts right up and runs great 600- 800egt at 60 mph. Truck seems like it should go faster also it sucks at towing; even small hills and the egt starts climbing. Truck has 165,000 original miles. Original injector pump and injectors. Please help

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya something ain’t right. My truck cruising at 60 is usually at 300 egt, you might have an air leak or something going on with the facet pump as the oil filter light is indicative of vacuume present at the filter head meaning either there’s Air present or a lack of fuel

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm, fuel filter light? Just because you have a new filter doesn't mean its not clogged. You have an electric pump so i suggest removing the output line from the filter head (that goes to the IP) and test the flow. Also, there is a return vent on the filter head that has an orfice; is it still there? Try pinching off the return line (some guys completely block this return vent).

Assuming this is the fuel light it is turned on by vacuum created by the IP pump. This means your fuel supply is in trouble. Also check if your Facet pump has a filter that is blocked.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple things.
You changed fuel tanks. We’re the shower heads in tact? Sometimes the pieces get sucked into the selector valve and can cause restriction. That could be part of your issue. Need to sort fuel supply out before you go any farther.

165k miles, pump and injectors are tired. Tired pump may be causing retarded timing which will give you high EGT’s and poor power. Short term fix is to advance the pump a smidge (preferably with the proper timing tools). Long term fix is fresh pump and sticks followed by proper timing.