Oil cooler update(Long)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, time for an update. I took the oil cooler to get pressed together at a diesel shop on monday, and it went together with no problems. i got home and bolted it on the block, again it appears to be OK. My issue with the motor mounts was solved, I'm not really sure how, considering teh number of prayers that went up for this beast, I would say it has to have been divine help :angel: . I got some good advice from teh guys over at Ring Power her ein gainesville, told me just to see how far off teh holes were and shove the engine one way or another without lifting it. They just sort of started to fit. After bending one of teh hydraulic lines out of teh way a bit, I was able to join the club that runs the PSD filter. That extra quart will make me feel a bit better as will the finer filtration. Does anybody know how the PSD filter affects your dipstic readings?? And finally, I spent almost all day and too much money on a power steering pump R&R. I figured I had it out, and it had been leaking, so why not? Worts part was I bought a reman unit at Advance this mornning and borrowed teh puller kit. I stupidly used the wrong puller and crossthreaded it...I somehow got teh pulley off the old pump anyway but the threads gave up teh ghost before I could press it on the new pump, so I resorted to the redneck method...beating the pulley on with a plastic hammer and 2X4. It worked great...but I busted teh return nipple on the PS pump....so I spent way too much on a "recycled" PS pump from teh junkyard. Hope that son of a gun doesn't leak..... So now I have a good reman pump with a bad reservoir, and a leaky core with a good reservoir...the plan is to marry the two. if anybody knows how to separate the res. from teh pump...I'd love to hear from you. I will prob. sell the reman or keep it for a rainy day. Anyhow, I ahve yet to fire up teh truck...but I am optimistic. If the oil cooler doesn't leak, I will drive it all day tomorrow with the water and cleaner in and tomorrow night drain and flush and fill with ELC ;Sweet

aaklingler

Reaction score
i still go by the markings on the stick like before, it just takes 1 more quart when you change it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online