Oil change?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Probably the single most important additive for the HEUI engines is the anti foaming agents.

And the very reason to stay away from any parrafin based crude oils...such as Quaker State, Pennzoil as those are notorious for not only being parrafin based, but will foam in a heartbeat---especially when pressurized to the +3k by the HPOP to fire the injectors. The parrafin --YES...think wax---- also contributes to sludge and varnish build up.....

Modern diesel oils...Rotella, Texaco Ursa, Delo etc...are made with fossil based crude and while not only not prone to foaming, also have additives to trap soot --the major cause for changing oil as soot and the resulting ash are corrosive/etching agents on a microscopic level.....

just my couple pennies :D

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe some day ill do the math on the return flow rates for the hpop and that will solve the question. I think if you are going to do it and let the engine drain/ cool off its something to do while you drink your beer! Plus that means more cool tools to make.

But seriously i have the gulf coast on my engine i still change the hpop oil when i drain down. But i only do it once to check the condition of things in there etc.

These bypass filters are the key with good mainetnace, it has scrubbed the heck out of the inside of the hpop.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well i didn't change the HPOP, but I did change the oil. I thought I had 4 jugs, but one only had 1qt in it. So a total of 13qts got added. it was only half way in the hash marks. So i drove it 500 miles and it didn't really move. On the way back I added 1qt and it just went a smidgen over full. So only 4k left for the next one.;Sweet

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
usually what i do every fourth oil change is i run amsoil engine flush than i run mid-grad oil for about a week or about 100 miles than re-flush with the amsoil engine flush than fill with amsoil.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
This being my first oil change and not rally knowing the miles on it, plus the fuel pump was leaking when I bought it and it took me a little driving before I figured that out. so I got my Blackstone sample and will send it in and let ya'll know what they say?