oil burner

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Nope... I try to, but I'm having some problems doing it... The truck will kick and sputter a lot on 100% I'm wondering if the electric pump just can't push enough through the system....

I did get some extra fuel line and wrapped it around the hose going to the heater core. I want to see if heating it before it hits the filter, will do any good.

Gary

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Nope... I try to, but I'm having some problems doing it... The truck will kick and sputter a lot on 100% I'm wondering if the electric pump just can't push enough through the system....

I did get some extra fuel line and wrapped it around the hose going to the heater core. I want to see if heating it before it hits the filter, will do any good.

Gary

im having the same problem and it wont start in the morning
going to put the my heating system on and see what happens
i dont see any fuel leaks but that doesnt mean anything
im just hoping my ip isnt bad

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone looked at their glow plugs or injectors after a significant amount of run time on a heavy waste oil blend?

Desert Dually

cane corso
Reaction score
I like the WMO, and so does my truck, but no way am I gonna try running my CR CTD on 100%. I was thinking like 20% is probably the outer limit when it comes to the CP3's safety and longevity, but not 100% sure here.

I kind of wish I had an older, less expensive diesel vehicle/truck to experiment with! The older stuff seems to work best with alternative fuels from what i've heard.

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
Fuel Heater

I have a 93' Ford diesel and was wondering if anyone has found a way to activatge the fuel heater in the factory fuel filter heads regardless of the outside temperature? I know that they are supposed to come on around 40 degress but I think it would help with the higher WMO blends if we had a way to utilize this feature whenever we run WMO, even when the temp is 85 or 90 outside. Does it generate enough heat to make a difference? I wouldn't think that you could just apply 12v to the wire and tie into a toggle switch, or could you? Does it regulate itself from overheating?

discbrks

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with running 100% is the ability of the fuel pump to move the oil. My electric pump sounds like its barely pumping first thing in the morning. So I switch to #2 before shutdown at night. The strongest concentration that I have run so far is 80%. What pumps are you guys using?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have run the holley blue, airtex and carter pumps and non of them hav eben able to keep up with 100 wmo even in the summer.

i need to finish up my power steering pump conversion, burnt one up but it was my fault because a fitting fell out.

discbrks

Reaction score
Right now my Carrier pump is mounted under the hood. After the turbo install, I'm gonna move it right in front of the selector valve & see if works better.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Right now my Carrier pump is mounted under the hood. After the turbo install, I'm gonna move it right in front of the selector valve & see if works better.

I have my Carrier pump by the tank selector valve and I'm still having surging issues..

Gary

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone looked at their glow plugs or injectors after a significant amount of run time on a heavy waste oil blend?
one member here did. "F350camper" was one of the early lab rats for WMO. He did document the dylights out of every move he made. He did find heavy coking from running 100% WMO. iirc that was also from a month of use.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
one member here did. "F350camper" was one of the early lab rats for WMO. He did document the dylights out of every move he made. He did find heavy coking from running 100% WMO. iirc that was also from a month of use.

he must of had a really bad batch or where he was getting it form

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online