....Oh i shoud replace this.......SH*T.........Ummmm.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you watch your odometer on an OBS truck, when you turn the key on and it does the light check, you'll notice that the hundred thousand didget is a backwards "4" not an "8" so it can't even show 400,000. So if you're ever on Jeopardy or Who Wants to be a Millionaire, now you know.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's actually a common practice, even vw's max out at 621321 miles (or one million km) because they didn't think they'd be on the road for that long. Except on them, they just stop counting miles.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
There's actually a guy I know in the vw diesel world where he has a tuner roll back his odo to 400,000 every few years, then documents it so he has proof of mileage. I think he's close to 800,000 now. Guy is nuts, lives in the Salt belt, but keeps having his rockers rebuilt, second engine I think, complete paint job... He bought it new. I guess if you like a car enough...

Rmccaig86

Reaction score
Probably tripple that #
These Speedos roll over.
left hand drillbit put some air into the injector port to spit the garbage out
Godspeed
I'm well aware that the speedos rollover this isn't my first BN nor will it be the last, its just my first 6.9 idi. It is the original miles I knew the original owner and he was paralyzed in 94 so he wasn't able to drive anymore he got tires put on it a few days before he was paralyzed by les schwab so not only do i have the mileage when they were put on but also the DOT code on the tire to verify they are the same tire and they still have the mold tines on them, There are plenty of old vehicles out there with low mileage that were parked for whatever reason and sat. Thanks for the advice though.

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:flipaThey drive amongst us...hellz I drive one

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
my 87 Ex Wife shows 76,601 on the odometer and the guy I bought it from swore that it's original. He said that the people he bought the truck from just bought it to pull their camper. That must be nice. Imagine buying a new truck only to pull a camper.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 88 t-bird turbo coupe with 26000 original miles.......it caught on fire and burned to the ground..... excuse me (I'm crying)....

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 1970 BMW 2002 with 72k on it. Sold it for peanuts so I could go back and try to finish college.
Car is gone and I never got a degree. And those cars bring stupid $ now. ;-(

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 1970 BMW 2002 with 72k on it. Sold it for peanuts so I could go back and try to finish college.
Car is gone and I never got a degree. And those cars bring stupid $ now. ;-(
Well, I guess we're going to have to start the "I used to have this car, dang why did I get rid of it" thread...... like my 79 mark V, the most beautiful car ever...Givinchy model....19.5 ft long 2 door, 10ft wheel base there was 4ft of car in front of the tires disk brakes all around... That car was so fun to drive.... I took it through a 4 storey parking garage at high speed just like in the movies... 235/60/15 BFG radials.....uhhhhhh.......

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Well if you want to feel better back in 85 my friend had a well to do dad. He had a old 1967 bathtub Porsche Carrara That had been sitting for years on his driveway. I asked him about it, he said he would let it go for 5k if I wanted it.

I was a poor college student who wanted it but could not afford it. I told him about a couple guys who restored old European cars, did he want to sell it to them. He said ok, so I said I would broker the deal for 10%, we shook on it.

The first guy thought it was not real, that the car did not exist in 67. He did not seem interested and was not returning my call. What he was doing was stalling because he was asking Porsche to verify it was legit. So up to bat my other buyer goes, so he comes and says the same thing, it’s not legit. He to goes to Porsche without mentioning it.

The car was legit and was sold to some prince, Porsche offered both buyers $90,000 sight unseen to buy the car. The two buyers both fought over it and one ended up paying $80,000 for it. So I screwed myself by not buying it, then my buddies dad screwed me again by welching on the 10% commission.

Hard lesson learned, always get it in writing. The buyer gave me 5% instead of 10% suggesting he thought he was buying a 5k car. I made several commissions helping him before and knew there were more to come so I agreed due to the situation.

Should of, could of, would have.

Last edited: