Officially Antique

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Well, my 1986 F-250 is officially antique. I got it registered as an antique Tues. when I registered the 1995 Cube van.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Just a word of advise.... don't show license plates or any personal info on forums, or anywhere on the internet for that matter.

Not that I don't trust anyone on here, but some low lifes spend all day searching through forums like this for this kind of stuff.....

And now that shes an antique, is there a mileage restriction per year with it?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i thought once you get historical plates (which might be different from antique registration) you could only drive the vehicle on holidays and on sundays.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
In varies greatly state to state, around here to get anything besides regular plates it has to be a 75 or earlier (collectors), then theres a few levels beyond that (horseless buggy and possibly antique but not 100% on that)

Exekiel69

Reaction score
My 93 will be eligible for historic tags next year, I would get them but there are restrictions such as 500lbs weight limit and I think total amount of miles per year but not sure on that, also You can't use it for work which I do the upside it it only needs registered every 2 years insurance is much less, etc.
Nice truck.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I love my truck

In Alberta the antique plates are restrictive: you can only use the vehicle for parades, or going to or from shows/events. But, here in Alberta, you can dual register the vehicle. So I have it dual registered in order to drive it whenever I want. If I ever go to an IDI rally, I'll have the antique plates on it. ;Sweet

I think its a nice truck too. :) I found my driving down the road with a big grin on my face, just happy to be driving my old diesel truck. cookoo Is it just me or does anyone else love their truck like that? That is its best side though. The rest doesn't look so good: typical Alberta rust. :puke:

As for posting personal info, I don't. What info can you get from the plate number? I see lots of plate numbers every day. Unless you are a LEO, the plate number doesn't give you much info. Or are you insinuating that LEOs are low lifes? ;Poke:D:angel: I'll leave that one alone...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was just curious about this too since my '93 is about to turn 20.figured id look online to see what the story was.
basically it's too restrictive to do here in Maine.it pretty much just has to be a secondary vehicle (can't be primary anyway lol)
you can only go so far from home,and even then,it's just supposed to be for events,like parades or shows kinda thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online