Odometer

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
Where is the wire or fuse that dis-connects the odometer at on these things...not that i'm actually thinking about it...but does anyone have any underground info?--Thanks:cool

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the wires off the VSS on the rear diff.... You'll have no speedo or ABS either though. Everything is too integrated to just shut of the odo.

Max Power

Reaction score
Hope no one finds out because they don't take odometer tampering lightly. I would be willing to bet the small chance of getting caught is not worth the savings.

As they say, you gotta pay to play!

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
:eek: If I was you I would just leave the dam thing alone. My uncle is serving five years for odometer fraud as we speak or type I should say.:D

clong

Reaction score
And a new ECM is about $850. If I was gonna drop that much I would buy the Torques Maximus ECM from Dodge. Better Torque Curve than stock.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that Dodge can get into the ECM's - Cummins can, but I dont think Dodge bothers... But whatever - It's a free country, if'n he wants to break the law let him! (He who casts the first stone....) :D

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
DAZEDANDCONFUSED:The reason? well, the truck is an 02' and i put over 350 miles a day on it, it already has 62,000 miles....at this time next year, it will have 125,000 the blue book value right is only $13,995 trade in, i'd only be doing it to screw the lying, decieving,money hungry dealer i sell it to...now if i sell it to a friend, you can bet i will tell him what i did and what i approximate the miles to be.

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
:) I see then, it is about time that some of those dam cars salesmen get srewed for a change. I bet that over half the used cars purchased by people today have had the odometer screwed with anyway! Thats what ****** me off the most and that carfax crap doesnt work either! Guy down the road just bought a 1995 cummins auto and the carfax report sad it was perfectly fine but when he got the title it was a rebuilders title!:mad: He is now in court disputing the matter!:oops:

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
POint in Case....my first 95' truck said clean title, etc.etc..even gave the previous owner's name and address...however the front clip looked like it was repainted and/or replaced through some accident..yet..the carfax report said otherwise....all i want is good resale value, i take very good care of this truck...

Whit

Reaction score
I have a True Speed Calibrator box so I read properly with my 19.5 wheels, the box has a switch on it so you can run 2 different size tires ..........one could utilize this device and save a ton of miles with no evidence of tampering. Got it from
http://www.ricksontruck.com/

Cheers, Kevin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online