OBS sheet metal. Bricknose truck

SLittle

Reaction score
My truck is a bricknose F350 dually.

I'm about to scrap an OBS F250 gasser. I'd like to keep anything that MIGHT be useful in the future.

1. Doors. The doors are really nice. I see the wing windows are different and of course the door panels are different, but the metal door itself. Same? I'd plan on using the OBS steel, power window motor, and power door locks. Install my bricknose glass and interior panel.

2. Hood and fenders. I assume the hood and fenders are different but I'll probably keep the entire front clip if I should ever decide to do a facelift.

3. Tailgate. Looks the same to me.

4. Non-body stuff: Steering box the same? How about the front beams (2wd)?

Finally, anything else at all that might be worth keeping?

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tailgate is the same.

I'm 99% sure that the doors will fit. I put bricknose doors on my '83 Bronco ... everything I can see looks the same (mounting and shape wise).

As far as I know most chassis parts are interchangeable.

I'd check the axle code on the scrap truck ... see if you like the gears.

Hope this helps.

SLittle

Reaction score
I'd check the axle code on the scrap truck ... see if you like the gears.

Scrap truck is SRW and my truck is DRW. BUT.. I use the sterlings in off road builds so I'll be keeping that.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the mounts on the bottom are smaller in diameter than a brick tail gate but can't remember. I tried putting a obs on my 88 and it wouldn't work, but if you keep the mounts off the bed you may be able to swap them over. Most of the exterior sheet metal should be the same except for fenders and hood. Almost all the hard parts, wheels, brake parts and electrical should swap over. The axle wouldn't, I believe the u-joints are different size, witch sucks because the obs has a better pinion yoke.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OBS door panels require slight modification when used with brick dash. Also, make sure you save the wiring going from the power window switch (including the plug) as they are different and will require cutting into your brick harness. Also, notice while the OBS panel will fit on a brick door, the wing is different therefore installing the OBS panel also requires either using an OBS door or swapping the brick wing for an OBS wing.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach