obs dually running light circuit

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys my truck was converted to a dually. just ordered cab marker lights and rear id bar from ryderfleetparts they had the best prices and flat rate shipping based on amount you spend.

ive read the rear fender clearance lights run on their own circuit. mine are tapped into the taillights.

even though this could work i am worried once i install cab lights. id like to put them on the factory circuit.

can anyone help me find the connectors in the rear? any harness pictures? thanks

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not sure I understand.
You say you read that it's a separate harness... but you want help finding it on your non-DRW truck?
Just run leds and tie them in anywhere. Won't draw enough to make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes via my owners manual a DRW truck has the cab and fender lights on another circuit with a relay in the power distribution box

im assuming ford did not make special harnesses for DRW trucks. im sure the plugs are around in the back but i cant see them.

google searches for harnesses or info come up empty so far.

Not sure I understand.
You say you read that it's a separate harness... but you want help finding it on your non-DRW truck?
Just run leds and tie them in anywhere. Won't draw enough to make a difference.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lmctrucks.com has harnesses. Not sure they have the one you need. Cab lights have a harness that goes from the passenger side footwell up to the roof and connects at each light. Makes it a snap to install if you use factory cab lights.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
yes via my owners manual a DRW truck has the cab and fender lights on another circuit with a relay in the power distribution box

im assuming ford did not make special harnesses for DRW trucks. im sure the plugs are around in the back but i cant see them.

google searches for harnesses or info come up empty so far.
Normally I would agree.
But my truck is a chassis cab, doesn't have the trailer towing harness with the brake wire. I would have to swap it from firewall back.
Likely going to be a different rear harness.

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cab lights is not an issue. i pulled the harness from a local wrecker. i just have no idea where this other circuit is for the dually fender lights. thats ok ill leave them connected as-is for now till i can find a oem drw truck to pick over

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention, mine is DRW, but with a flatbed. No other plugs hidden on the frame rail.

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my dually the fender light harness plug is right above the licence plate under the bed. Its a round grey plug.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would post up about it. I was thinking I recalled it being at the rear and moving forward.