Now I remember why I originally bought my IDI

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat for 2 years without starting once. Decided to finish fixing it up but wanted to be sure it ran so I charged one of the two batteries up, burned GPs for 5 seconds, didn't even turn over for a full second and it fired up! :hail

It gave me a *****, that's not weird is it? :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
LOL!!!
Jake ya goofball! LOL

Bought my first IDI for 500 clams and it had set for a number of years and the engine had even been seized up. Thanks to the guys back then, that I now consider great friends/family, I had it running in only a few hours of work.
The simplicity of the IDI platform has made it a reliable work horse 20+ years later they still live!

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a couple years working in a shop where I focused on nothing but diesel pickups (all makes/models). It was a great job, but Duramaxes, 6.0L/6.4L Power Strokes, and common rail Dodges made me greatly appreciate my IDI for what it is everyday.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its IDI till I die... I'm a simple guy driving a simple truck... No flash cause I gots no cash.....

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been sitting for 6 months now, waiting for money and time. I have a friend who has a 6.9 and I go over to his house to get a IDI fix. When he starts the engine, it reminds me of what I'm working towards. I love the sound of the IDI idling.

Archie

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
No sweeter music than an IH IDI..... though a 71-series Detroit was my first love.....

My old turbo IDI Jetta used to set off car alarms..... hoping my van will also, with new BBs and IP....