no start problem

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Diesel on a rag doesn't make enough combustible fumes. Gas on a rag is what you were thinking of.
Hope you have a starter button so you can stand by the engine and pull the rag off before it runs away or gets sucked into the intake. ... seriously, just give it a shot of ether or fix your glowplugs. Either one is not rocket science.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And by now you may have damaged the starter with all the cranking, a few less cranking rpm's will make a big difference.
One very small shot of starting fluid in the inlet, leave the filter in, it will help disperse ether evenly, is all it should take.
GET THE GLOW PLUGS WORKING.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't understate this enough. PROPERLY WORKING GLOW PLUGS ARE ESSENTIAL WITH A MOOSE PUMP. Our pumps put out nearly max fuel at cranking RPM's. That's enough fuel to EXTINGUISH any compression heat you think you are building. Don't waste your time by doing anything other than getting your glow plugs working!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well there ya have it. I could not have said it any clearer. Please fix the glow plugs or give up and buy something else. Everyone here has tried to help you but we can't do the impossible. I wish I was close by. I would drop in to help. I usually wont do the work and have those watch but I help you do the work with guidance from many years of helping others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.