No start issue

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Its a 2001 7.3 psd it will crank all day but wont run, it has had a new cps put on someone put a new ipc in we fixed the short in the fuel heater, so i pulled codes and nothing really stuck out, ran a buzz test scanner said it was pass, noticed cranking shows no rpm on tach (was told 1999 and up didnt move when cranking) and it dont build oil pressure cranking, so i pulled the sensor out of the top of the HPOP resivour and its kinda lower down in there so we decided to crank the engine over no oil shot out of it nor did the oil level get higher no matter how long we cranked, so i pulled the LPOP expecting it to be junk and it looks perfect along with the housing and everything, so were not very sure were to go from here, any ideas? and yes i checked the oil it was full, so what else can cause it to have no oil pressure?

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
That sounds like the IPR is shot. It's located on the back of the HPOP. The plug on the sensor is known to come loose. The IPR is on the drivers side back of the HPOP, down low.