No start condition

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that i have an air lock problem since i have fuel to the injection pump and the FSS seams to be working properly . this truck ran last year and then i parked it till i had some money save to do some more work to it and i installed the new batteries this year i have spent the last month trying to get it started again .

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what size the return lines are ? i think i am going to put clear tubing on to see if there is any air intrusion to help eliminate a problem there if there is on there .

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Which return lines? Between each injector? Or leaving the engine to the tank?
IIRC only place you need it to check for air intrusion is the line coming out the top of the pump, and the line from cylinder one injector back to the filter head.

This may help. http://www.dieselcare.net/db2_NOSTART.pdf

Last edited:

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i have that link allready saved . that's where i got the idea of needing to crack all 8 injector lines to bleed any air out of the sysstem . some have said if i didn't have the lines off of the injection pump i shouldn't need to bleed it , but i am going to try it anyway to see if it helps . the return lines i am asking about are the ones going from injector to injector . i know this is low pressure so will any clear tubing work ?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well it still needs to be fuel rated. Even though you haven't had the lines off, you should still crack em all IMO. I mean what'll it hurt? Nothing.

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes just about any clear tubing will work. Don't worry about fuel rated hose since its not going to be on there long. But if your not getting fuel to the injectors there is no point in the clear tubing.