No reverse?

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to pull my truck out of the garage after installing a fifth wheel plate and I held the brakes and gave er some throttle to make some smoke role and I lost reverse it was all of a sudden and it didnt clunk or nothing like that it just revved up. I still got drive and all that but no reverse so I wondering if the tranny is junk or is there some sensor or solenoid that went out, its an automatic by the way

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt check for all the foward gears, I havent rolled it out of the garage yet but I notice the other day wen I was pulling a small car trailer with a firebird on it that it was slipping in 1st and 2nd.

Mighty Dodge

Reaction score
I have 97. Sometimes when it's real cold I can start backing up and it will drop out of gear. If I put it in park then back to reverse it's ok. I figure when it's real cold a valve must be sticking or something.

M.D.

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the company Im going to order parts from has a cure for that problem they say it is sticking valves, or bad servo's the place is www.transmissioncenter.com or google PATC and that should bring you right to the dodge section.