No OD Cycle, Extremely Weak D Suddenly?

crowmeyocks

Reaction score
Ok I’ve been working on a laundry list of issues on my 91 E350 IDI. I most recently fixed a leaking fuel line after (front of) #4 and took a drive to town.

Lots of details—not sure what’s relevant.

Water In Fuel light was on—I drained the filter and it was still flickering after so I figured I had too much injector cleaner in there, planned to fill up and dilute once I got into town but made a quick stop first. Was running hot (around A) after a very short hill climb (according to the market gauges) and quickly pulled off and shut it down.

Went to pull codes and they wouldn’t read for me, oddly—instead of multimeter needle dropping all the way down it would just drop to about five volts and sit there. Tried two different meters. Went to start and noticed “Rear Antilock” light stayed on (?) after starting. Went to put in drive and felt damn near nothing on the shift. Gave it juice, it barely crept forward when revved. Tried to cycle OD, no light at all. Not blinking, just no light at all.

I feel like I have multiple things going on and likely some electrical but there’s got to be something that ties these things together and I’m stumped.

Thanks for help in advance, I’m pretty screwed right now.

crowmeyocks

Reaction score
Ok I’m guessing I have some king mother of all shorts. I heard a loud buzzing coming from the passenger side battery while trying to pull codes. Fiddled with wires are it got better. No idea where to start here.

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
What condition are your Batts and cables in? Have you visually inspected wiring and checked grounds? Can you isolate ckts thru fuse panel(s) I pulled over to help a guy with a broke down F250 he had an aftermarket stereo and amp which was completely draining his electrical system (he just purchased truck) we isolated amp and stereo and got truck jumped off and away he went with the sounds of his misfiring PSD and a huge exhaust stack. Im assuming you have a VSS/RABS check wiring at rear dif, mine was giving me eradicate issues causing the OD light to flash on selector and insanely hard shifts. found a barely frayed wire feeding VSS on my 96 PSD.

TexasTruck

Reaction score
This same thing happened to me on my trans. No OD light and it barely moves without high revs. I need the fix this too.

The buzzer might be glow plug controller? I already replaced mine with the glow plugs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online