No lights ...

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I soldered in a new headlight switch harness and the only lights i have now are the headlights. No interior , taillights, or marker lights. Should all of the wires get power when turn the switch on?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those lights you are missing are fed from the tan/white wire that leads to the switch. This wire goes to the fuse box and has it's own fuse. This wire is also known to burn up on these trucks. You should have fixed any problems near the switch, but if it melted anywhere else it could be a problem. Check the fuse first though.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok all lights are working . My next question is can I use a fuse tap on that circuit for my cab lights? Im looking for a new place to get power for my cab lights.

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a good look over behind and around the driver's side kickpanel area. Look for a single plug on the end of a brown wire. This is where the factory hooked the roof lights up, and ran them up through the driver's side pillar by the windshield It's usually there hanging if your truck did not have the factory option.. The brown wire is what leaves the headlight switch and feeds all the marker lights on the truck, front to rear.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cab clearance lights are ran down the passenger a pillar and the plugs under the passenger kick panel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Two pin connector is for the cab clearance lights. It is the brown mentioned.

Last edited:

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the factory plug was on the driver side lol thats where I was looking for it today.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and pic. Do you have any suggestions on where I can tap into a power source when I do my triple gauge pillar?

For guage illumination, any blue/red wire behind the dash will work, that's the illumination wire for the dash lights and will dim with the headlight knob. For any kind of key-on supply power, I would run over to the fuse box and use a fuse tap like you mentioned before.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they change that at some time? Are the earlier trucks on the driver's side or pass side? Thanks for the correction.

I don't know on older trucks but my OBS trucks are on the right side.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and pic. Do you have any suggestions on where I can tap into a power source when I do my triple gauge pillar?

I can't remember where I ran my power, it was a switched power off the ign switch.
*Mean wire color*