NMB2 is selling some engine parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what he said in a thread over at FTE:

this is not a for sale thread... just an FYI type of thread for those who might be interested and need some time to come up with the resources... plus this is IDI specific stuff.

I will be getting rid of my exhaust manifolds, up pipes, down pipe, turbocharger, charge pipes, intercooler, intake manifold, and camshaft

This would make it all a 100% bolt on, onto any other IDI... and combined with an RD4 and studs would give you a proven 360-400rwhp engine (depending on pump size)

Also the reason he is trying a new cam grind, doing compounds, more fuel and something to his rods. I'm really curious to set what he is doing next on his build. It should be really interesting...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Just send him a pm, he will let ya know.

For a whole setup, I would expect it to be that much considering the Banks kit runs $2500

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where'd you get that number?

We dialogue on facebook chat all the time, discussing these engines in depth and such.

he says $5500.00 with his current pump.

HIS FB post is as follows......

[h=5]Justin Wheeler
[/h][h=5]A bunch of my parts are going to be coming up for sale. I figured I'd post now to give anyone interested a chance to come up with funds.

Turbocharger, up pipes, exhaust manifolds, down pipe, intake manifold, charge pipes, intercooler, intake tube, camshaft.

This will make it direct bolt on, onto any other IDI. Coupled with studs and an RD4 IP will give you a proven 360-400rwhp IDI (depending on your pump size choice)....

[/h]

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
so this is just one kit? and it will probly be gone the second it comes outta his truck i would be all over it if i had 3 grand

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it is essentially a one-off kit he built for his truck. With all that is coming with it, it is well worth the price. I mean it is dyno proven at 356/676 with his 132cc Db4. When you compare it with the kits manufactured for the idi, it is night and day difference. Plus with that setup you get all that its needed to run an intercooler. If I didn't already have all my parts for my supercharger build already, I would look at buying all the stuff. Also another thing to note is that this setup would even make pretty decent power with a Moose pump or even a stock IP...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whear do i find a rd4 ip ?

Contact RacinNdrummin over at FTE. He can get you hooked up with either a 120cc or a 150cc IP. The small one is good for easily 300hp and the big one might get you 400hp. It just depends on your setup.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
For the craftsmanship and ingenuity that Justin put into this, the price is a gift. This is a one off system. I would love to have it. I wish Justin needed a 4-71 Detroit.:rolleyes:

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so three grand for his turbo and what not get you 300 hp......and you still get the reliability and ease of working on an idi?.....now to me this sounds waaaay more appealing than a 365 or whatever it is hp raptor......dont get me wrong tho raptors a pretty badass

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote from a local diesel shop and it'd be around $3500 for a Sidewinder for an E4OD IDI... this definetly is a great price!

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was ready to spend the $ to buy this custom badass system... that is until I spent some time going through my finances.

It never fails: when something comes along that you REALLY want there isn't enough money. :mad:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
What I am wondering, if someone buys this system to install it on their truck,...will they have to move the motor and trans forward like he did to get it all to fit,..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online