Nice Crewcab + ExtendaCab

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Lcam, my truck doesn't turn very fast.... I just drop the clutch and spin the tires out a lil.... it helps :p

and, walking in those heels is impressive. What got me is I went to my daughters competition dance thingy this weekend in Atlanta. Girls wearing heels like that doing intense dance manuevers. Pretty amazing.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay...heres my question....is there still a company that makes frame extensions to do that, or am I better off just grafting 2 frames together?

Its gotta be a perception thing...yeah the turning radius sucks in comparision to a car, but after spending so much time in the cab of a tractor-trailer the cc dually manuvers more like a sports car....I think thats how it got religated to be my DD....space and capacity of a "real" truck, and can still make it through a drive thru

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Whats the wheel base of that thing? That frame must really sag with passengers in the back row.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frame sage was my first thought when I started thinking about stretching mine, but years ago one of my cads was towed by an 80-86 f350 rollback...the bed was longer than the car (which was 20ft)....if they can handle a 4500lb car a few passangers should be ok...

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lcam, my truck doesn't turn very fast.... I just drop the clutch and spin the tires out a lil.... it helps :p

and, walking in those heels is impressive. What got me is I went to my daughters competition dance thingy this weekend in Atlanta. Girls wearing heels like that doing intense dance manuevers. Pretty amazing.
Yeah, I got training wheels but no turbo -no spinny-spinny tires for me, lol :D

And I guess it's just getting used to the heels - I had a friend who wore the 6" stilettos so much that she could keep up with me at full sprint in them "******" boots, but put her in running shoes and all she could muster was a slow walk - something about the muscles at the back of the ankle having to stretch too much when walking on flat soles after years of heels...

Its gotta be a perception thing...yeah the turning radius sucks in comparision to a car, but after spending so much time in the cab of a tractor-trailer the cc dually manuvers more like a sports car....I think thats how it got religated to be my DD....space and capacity of a "real" truck, and can still make it through a drive thru
Haha, well I learned to drive on a logging tractor (setback front axle, but long cab, big sleeper, headache rack, lift axle, tandems - in that order), so that's the way I see it too - as long as she can make a 90-degree turn within two lanes of traffic she's maneuverable enough for me.

Whats the wheel base of that thing? That frame must really sag with passengers in the back row.
I'd imagine the cab has an extra set of body mounts under there too, so the cab itself will actually reinforce the frame some... Plus maybe there is something done to the frame rails too, like cab-chassis trucks have them for instance.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay...heres my question....is there still a company that makes frame extensions to do that, or am I better off just grafting 2 frames together?

any shop that does body and frame mods to large trucks will have the material to extend our pickup frames.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y
And I guess it's just getting used to the heels - I had a friend who wore the 6" stilettos so much that she could keep up with me at full sprint in them "******" boots, but put her in running shoes and all she could muster was a slow walk - something about the muscles at the back of the ankle having to stretch too much when walking on flat soles after years of heels...
yup.
it's just spending enough time with them on.
my GF in HS lived in stilettos so she could get used to walking with them. She had a size 5 shoe, so it was almost all heel.;Sweet
my wife looks awkward for about the first half an hour with them on. they sure tone up set of legs well tho;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent