"NEW" TRANNY

tractorman86

Reaction score
it's a ZF s 5-42 only has 70k on it. i got a little water in it but didn't sit for long b4 he drained it. i've been after this trans for about four years now and finaly got it. a buddy of mine had it sitting in his back yard, held out for $800, but now i have two aluminum 429 intakes he wants and it is a done deal. strait accross::Thumbs Up !!! just not sure if i'm gonna take the input shaft and c/s drive gear out for mine since i have all new bearings and seals or just flush the crap out of it and run it... he also has a 14K PTO winch w/ all the goodies i think i can finagle out of him!!! that'll look good with the bumper i'm building!! big :Thumbs Up

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i would be REAL leary of the water thing. it does not take any time at all to develop rust on unprotected metal like gears and such. if it turns over smooth and such it will probably be ok. i would be tempted to fill it with fresh fluid and run it for 1-200 miles and change it again to flush it.

tractorman86

Reaction score
yea he pulled a pto cover for me and it has a little surface rust but it wiped right off with my finger. i will probably flush it with diesel and fluid first, drive around the shop a couple times then change it and go for about 200 then change one final time with syn 50wt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online