new tranny wont go into overdrive 1994 f250 w/ e4od

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brandy new tranny drove it for one day and the off light came on on the shifter.... just put a new throttle sensor in WTH?

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3145-Fo...d=1359240778&sr=8-1&keywords=code+reader+ford

if your OD light is blinking buy this. Its cheaper than you can get anyone to pull codes for you and it will help narrow down the issue, plus you will have it for life. I had all sorts of tranny issues and pulled codes and ultimately found out I needed a new solenoid pack.

Clean the solenoid pack plug real well first, unfortunately that wasn't my problem and I had to replace the pack.

I know yours is new, but the male end of the plug which is attached to the harness could be dirty

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What voltage did you set the throttle position senser (TPS) to.. A digital voltmeter is needed for this and the voltage is .96 to 1.2 volts at idle but engine off setting. Ask for more info if you need to do this setting. Its a little more involved than what I posted but simple too..

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't set anything I just installed the sensor I notice that BERTHA shifts around 2000 to 2300 IMO thats to high but talk about positive shifting whoof evidently the tranny had all new parts shift kit the whole bit but whomever did it didnt replace the clutch pacs or the seals....... stupid people shouldn't re-build trannys

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are all new now..... re-built right..... so throttle sensor huh so how do I fix it?

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to rotate the throttle sensor on its bracket. If you know where it is you will see what I mean.

Most say to get it right at 1.2v idle, but for me it shifted late and too hard, 1.1v it shifts perfect. Make sure you have the high idle off!

Spend the extra time to get it where you like how it shifts, its very sensitive and tiny little adjustments make a big difference.

If you need to know how to test for voltage and what it looks like, just google "TPS adjustment e4od" or something along those lines... I do not have any pics myself

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I didn't set anything I just installed the sensor I notice that BERTHA shifts around 2000 to 2300 IMO thats to high but talk about positive shifting whoof evidently the tranny had all new parts shift kit the whole bit but whomever did it didnt replace the clutch pacs or the seals....... stupid people shouldn't re-build trannys

Backwards budget rebuild I guess.cookoo Most budget rebuilds do friction and seals. Skimp the rest.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online