New To the Forum

jimcaf12

Reaction score
Hello everyone Im new to the forum ,I bought a 1987 F-250 about a month and a half ago its my first diesel truck. The odometer say 65000 but my guess by the condition of the brake pedal pan and interior its probably 265000,,, it runs great it came with a Banks turbo system on it. I bought it off craigslist from a guy out in Boreggo Springs .
Im a paint and bodyman so I spent the last month or so tearing it down and getting a fresh coat of paint on it,got it back together and am really enjoying it,going to make a great work horse. Here is a link to where Im at with it,,thanks jim https://picasaweb.google.com/111472...lDecember112015?authkey=Gv1sRgCMaPg_WVrKaMLg#

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Nice! Want to come paint my truck LOL

Welcome to the forum. Check out the Tech Articles Section and soak up the mechanical info. Some pretty good/useful stuff in there.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm about to do the same. Got hit in November and it tweeked my entire front clip. Now I get to paint/replace the entire front clip in a pole barn with lots of stuff in it and only propane and kerosene powered heaters.

jimcaf12

Reaction score
I used to live in the northeast paint and bodywork in the winter was a struggle ,I used to run a space heater

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did you get those headlights?
nice rig!
welcome to the forum.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you get time you should post up over in the paint and body section. Truck looks great. Weather got me before I could get paint on mine. Spring thaw I hope.

jimcaf12

Reaction score
where did you get those headlights?
nice rig!
welcome to the forum.

IDI ,,,these are the originals they were sun faded be on repair ,I reduced some black basecoat way down like 5 to 1 and misted a couple of coats on them and the tailights then a couple coats of clear

Laser I barely made it too the week I was spraying it in my carport it was mid to high 50s it was slow going I dont usually hold off till its at least 60

thanks jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Staff online