New to the family

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I just got a '86 Golf with the diesel in it. 5spd, GTI buckets, trailer hitch, few other little things. 360,000km on the body, about 15,000km on the motor since it had rings, bearings, valves and timing belt done.

Drove it to work today (about 35km, 1/2 hour drive) and loved it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect car to do a veggie conversion on to me .

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I dunno about the mileage yet, I just filled it up for the first time yesterday on my way home from work. I should find out in a few weeks after I run a tank or two through it. I am doing a good sized road trip (13 hours drive one way) at the end of Sept, so that should get me some good numbers. Once I stop driving it like a little sports car (compared to the truck that I have been doing the commute in for the last 2 months) it might get a bit better mileage too :)

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Oh ya, as for the veggie... I am thinking about it for sure. Just got to see about finding some places to get the oil from. Just not sure exactly how far I am going to go with it. Between the golf and the f250, both diesel, I am sure I could get something big happening.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Well, had a little scare with it today. Leaving for Red Deer, Alberta tomorrow (about a 1100km trip) and I was smelling raw diesel. The bolt in the middle of the injection lines that you put the timing dial on was a little loose and dripping diesel. Fixed now, and even put an oilburners.net sticker on it :)