New to the diesel world, input welcome

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good rule of thumb is 10 to 12 lbs boost...don't want to go over 12 (if you can anyway) for any length of time. Also 1200 max on the pyro...again don't want to hold it for to long there. As far as gauges I think it boils down to what you like, I've had autometer gauges and a pod from them for over a year and have had no problems. They are resonably priced and look decent. Good luck and Welcome.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bikepilot said:
For the record my totally stock turbo idi makes no turbo noise that I can tell, yet it seems to be working normally. I really don't think you should be able to hear a turbo very much over all that diesel clatter.

good luck

Hmm, not sure but I can hear mine clear as day especially if I'm standing behind the truck, makes an awesome whistle!! ;Sweet My wife who hears better than me can hear the turbo kick in while she's sitting inside the cab. I would think you should hear some kind of turbo whistle...just my .02.

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a look at the firewall, if it looks bent/flattened at the seam it is a good bet you have a 3 in down-pipe (you need to do this to get clearance for the 3 in pipe, unless you are running a lift kit) Second check if you have a band clamp on the turbo out let. Third look at the downd pipe to exhaust joint. In stall your guages pyro, boost etc. Get a good shop, with the right tools to set your timming. Run "diesel kleen" or equvelent at full strenght for a few tanks and see what you have. Do not forget to check the ph and add sca's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.