new ps owner

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok its probably been answered plenty of rimes but in my search iv found nothing i just got a 97 f250 with the 7.3 ran fantastic then just died while driving now the po had just put a cps on it the month b4 so i dont think that should have went again so i renderd the gp inoperable and shot it with either and it did absolutely nothing now i am used to mechanical diesels but it should hahe done at least somthing .

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will change the cps this weekend but if that's a no go what other sensor can cause this issue

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it won't do anything, check the fuse for the fuel filter heater, the heater shorts out, blows the fuse, no power to the PCM and other things, will crank but no start. It's a 30 amp fuse, may be #22. Disconnect the plug for it on the fuel bowl. If the heater is shot here is the replacement form IH dealer. Lost the pic on Webshots. Anyhow IH has them $26.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Injector pressure Regulator.
It controls the oil pressure to the injectors.

You can try unplugging it during a no start condition. But it's a pain to get to. It's common for the nut to fall off.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i unplug it and it starts then its fouled up or what dose unplugging do for the issue sorry for the questions just want to know what i am dealing with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online