New member new to me 92 idi

JakeUlch

Reaction score
Hey guys names Jake from WA been looking for a diesel for awhile to get ready for my business finally found a good deal on one, There kinda worth gold where I’m at. It’s a 92 f250 4wd with 250k apears mostly stock from what I’ve seen. Glad to have stumbled across this website, lots of stuff to surf through. Get some pics up tomorrow hopefully, and have a few questions for you guys. Thanks

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Oilburners. One piece of advice from someone who also owns a 1992 F250: When talking to an employee at the parts counter be sure to specify whether you have an early '92 with V-belts or a late '92 with a serpentine belt setup. This will save headache and confusion.

JakeUlch

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

JakeUlch

Reaction score
So been having an issue with the glow plugs PO said he replaced all of them with motor craft and did the relay at the same time. Double checked his work and appeared to forgot to change the 4th and 1st cylinder and found autolites in them. Got motorcraft back in but don’t know if he put the relay in correct(I’ll post a pic) after I put the new plugs in the relay still clicks. I’m thinking maybe the connectors aren’t getting a good connection to the plugs, any way to check them? Also found a plug and random sensor? I could use help identifying! Thanks fellas

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice rig...
On the serpentine belt tensioner, look into the closed version vs open spring type.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must of been a mass color combo I have a "93 same color lol nice rig n welcome to the forum lots of good ppl here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01