New engine issues

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got my new (only about 3000 miles on it) engine in but now I'm having some issues. Ran great the first couple days till just the beginning of this week. Truck fires up great, idles great, cruises around town great but its killin me on the highway. Around 60-65 the truck just starts sputtering and sometimes blowing a large white cloud of smoke but still runs with lower power.

This happens at mostly the higher RPMs and light load but its very noticeable on hills also, also my cruising egt's seem to be a couple hundred degrees more than normal. I thought it might be pickups in the tank but I filled it to the brim last night with no change.

Fresh fuel filter filled with Power Service when the engine was first started so the pump should be pretty clean. Any ideas?
you have a bad injection pump.
change it out before your rings get washed down.

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe what you have is a blown headgasket, or a cracked head.

Water leaking (or being pulled into) the combustion chamber, will produce white smoke.
I've seen (in engines in heavy equipment) this same thing ............. the white smoke shows up only when pushed (cracks expand further with added heat).

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Well I'm not losing any coolant and it does it at higher rpms even when under virtually no load

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online