New clutch is in!

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Well....the new Valair clutch is in and I'm really amazed by the fact that the pedal is actually "easier" than when the SB was new or even the last LUK that went in my IDI...So much so that WW about shoved her foot thru the floor :rotflmao

Had the F/W surfaced...took .0025 to klean up and not from any chatter---just wear from the friction material on the OFE

On the downside....gear rollover is more with the Valair cookoo
I should have taken a pic but the Valair disc has 7 springs as opposed to the 4 large/2 small on the SB ;Really

I must be getting old ...2 hrs down and 3 hrs going back...of course that was laying on cold concrete with a nice draft :D .....pulling the seats and mat out, removing and re-installing the transfer case------------- and breaking the shifter boot plastic mount -cuss DOH!

Time will tell :cheers:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
You seem to go through a clutch every time I need a fuel pump. LOL
At least we're getting proficient at our fixes in our old age. :cheers:

BigRedWeather

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pilot bearing

What kind of pilot bearing did you go with? I hope you will post here how it works out after 3 and 6 months. I'm curious if the Kevlar pilot bushing is working out for other trucks. It did not for mine.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
When i replaced a rusted out clutch line and originally bled the slave my clutch was easier to push also. After bleeding a second time to make sure all air was removed the clutch went back to normal and was slightly harder to push again. You may want to try bleeding again sounds like you still have air in the system which will result in less movement of to bearing possibly resulting in excessive wear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online