New Batteries

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Got 2 new batteries this morning from Costco.

1,000 ca's @ 32*F
850 cca's @ 0*F

total cost was ~$180

they fit right in the battery trays

i have not started the truck yet. it should start better than the old bats though. i can't wait to see how it fires up.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
who makes them?

I see Costco is now carrying black label interstates in the store by me. not the same as what i'm used to selling in my shop.

On the other hand, i just got 2 blem 31's from my interstate dealer. 40 dollars a pop new. Now to make them fit in my OBS.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
interstate makes them.

i just got back from taking the truck for a drive. first start on the new bats. was not impressed. the new pos cable made more of a difference.

my dad said that mabey sometime we will take the starter off and have it tested.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
how does your starter sound?

You must be registered for see images attach

Listen to my starter, turns the motor over so fast. This was taken back when we had 30F weather a few weeks ago. I can't wait to see how it turns over with the 31's in it. Thats with two 65's.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Aren't costco batteries made by Kirkland? I have had two and they lasted for years!!! they were group 27's I think. I still have an almost 10 year old one in a rabbit at she still fires right up in the coldest temps

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costco batteries are made by johnson controls.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I dislike exide batteries very much. Walmarts in this area went from JCI to exide then back to JCI, What does that tell you about exide. I like east penn (deka) batteries, Always had good luck with them.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Interstate vendor is such a useless piece of poo. I asked him for a higher CCA batteries and he said he can't get them!! @#$#$%^

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Just so you know, JCI makes Intersate Batteries, too.

Yup.

Danni - what group size battery are you looking for in a higher CCA?

The MTP65 i have had no luck with at all. They all fail down here in the heat before a year. The MT65 usually last 3 down here in the heat.

I'm gonna try and make these 31's fit tommorow before class. 1000cca is mighty enticing.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Crew Cab has some no name 850CC in it and since it took me forever to do the glow plugs, and stuff, I pissed off the 10 year old batteries. I was looking for something higher up.

Interstate is one of my battery suppliers and I assumed they had something bigger than what they stock me with, but my salesman said no.

The Bronco has two Walmart batteries. I have to make the Bronco look less neglected before Friday!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online